Deck Flick Sources?

Sep 1, 2007
Any idea where I can learn that trick David did last night with that lady and Orlando Bloom? They thought of a card, then they flicked the deck and it landed on their card.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
This is a full-fledged, three-phase routine from Pit Hartling's excellent book. It is full of fantastic card magic. A small book , but it packs serious punch.

David lessened the routine overall, I felt, by reducing it to a one-trick pony. However, props to him (or whoever's idea it was) to have the spectator flick the deck. In the years I've been performing this routine I never thought to try it. Excellent idea.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
The Hartling effects in CARD FICTIONS are not based on the Aronson/Tamariz ideas you refer to. However, there is one routine in the book which partially relies on this method. Pit does, however, offer an alternate method if this is not something you use.

Jun 22, 2008
earth
I really loved the deck flick trick and shortly after my initial joy/shock (I was so happy to feel like a layman for a few moments) I realized how to do it. Well, the flick part I understand, but name any card, then flick, still has be befuddled. So I am curious if there is a psychological force that is taught in the book. I'm likely to be totally off course with that question but I can't presently think of any other method.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
Was it suggested in the show that the card was thought-of? I don't recall exactly. If all you heard was David saying "Remember, all you did was think of a card" then he's simply creating a bit of a dual reality.

No psychological force in the book. As I said it's a full 3-phase show piece, and the first 2 phases don't involve a chosen card at all. And they kill. The chosen card is simply the icing on the cake.

i'm having trouble flicking the deck, i mean it moves but it doesn't flip over. Anyone else having that problem, (i realized i have the book) :D

you can either write it here or PM me

Thanks in advance

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results