Deck Production?

Sep 19, 2009
Hey, i was just wondering if anybody knows a good production of whole deck of cards, because i would really like to learn one as an opening effect instead of just pulling a deck out your pocket or whatever. I'm not sure if anything like this even exists, i've done a search and have come up with nothing. Closest thing i found was jeff mcbrides cards from mouth but i'm not sure if that would be possible with a whole deck.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Trust me dude there are a buttload of these.

A great one, if you use flash paper, is on David Stones Real Secrets Of Magic Dvd's.

Jesse Fienberg has one he calls "Cash Box" where a dollar bill magically turns into a deck.

David Regal has Sudden Deck (Purely Amazing to see it live)

Just look in some places dude even look up Deck Production on youtube im sure it will come up with some nice hits.

Tom

Sep 19, 2009
I thought there'd be some on youtube aswell, came up with nothing, not even google could help me out.
Anyway thenks for the suggestions i'll check them out

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
If you can dig it out, T11's very own Matthieu Bich has an absolutely startling one, which made me jump out of my seat.

Hehe now your tunneling in my direction:p

Mathieu does have one on his Close Up Magic Dvd along with some other absolutely amazing things.

I believe you one you are refering to is Foil:D

If im correct:p

Tom

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Sudden Deck II by David Regal seems perfect for what you're looking for.

Other than that, what i do is that i always open my routines with a one coin routine (much easier to follow than a card trick, and will grab their attention so they stay for more). At the end of it, i'll change the coin into a deck of cards, in the same way you would change a coin into a jumbo coin.

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
I'll have to agree with Sudden Deck by David Regal, this is a great opener and perfect way to get into a card routine. I also like Flash Pack by Eric Anderson for a more impromptu type of production. Dave Forrest also has a great one where you produce the deck from your regular un-gimmicked wallet that you can find on his Trickery set.

l u k e

Agreed, David Forrest's 'Wallop' is amazing. I like Paul Harris' 'Dehydrated Deck' too.

CL

Dehydrated Deck is a beautiful concept. I played around with it a lot but it just didn't fit me at the time. I should really look back into it. I particularly remember the switch being very knacky and uncomfortable...

Luke Dancy's recommendation of Eric Anderson's FlashPack is a good one as well. You can find it in David Harkey's and Eric Anderson's book, Ah Ha! I believe it might be out of print but I see it on E-Bay and The Magic Cafe every once in a while if you're looking for a second-hand copy.

One of the most underrated productions is the 'gag' that Lennart Green performs. He shows his hands empty, reaches into his pocket and produces an 'invisible deck.' He then tosses it into his other hand where a real deck instantly appears. Done on the offbeat, this is one of the most startling productions you can perform and it's completely impromptu and based on sheer misdirection. I love it. I have a friend who does it everytime we session and he manages to shock me everytime despite already knowing the method. Ha. It's downplayed as a gag, but I personally find it still hits hard and takes people by surprise.

RS.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lennart Green's production is indeed lovely.

The switch for PH's dehydrated deck is knacky and uncomfortable- I updated my handling so that A) I could do it comfortably, and B) so that I could do it standing. It's an awesome effect.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results