Decoy by Eoin O'Hare

Jun 19, 2013
Hi.

I only have one question right now about Decoy: Does it end clean? ( Are the four cards at the end examinable? ).

Thanks.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello!

I'm pretty sure you don't end clean, however if you use this as a transposition of the deck from your hands to your pocket, I guess you can switch the cards pretty easily. I'd say any effort is worth doing in order to be able to perform this eye-candy... It looks terrific!

I hope this helps!

Xa2

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Do you end clean? Sadly no. That said, it is not terribly hard to clean up with a switch, and the visual punch of this trick is worth every bit of effort you have to put into cleanup. The visuals you get with this trick are impossible. I think you will love it!

Have a great week!

// L

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Can this be made if I bought it and wanted to make it myself could this be made?

The Decoy gimmick is absolutely ingenious, and nearly impossible to make yourself. Luckily, we include the gimmick ready to go out of the box! You can use it with any kind of deck - whatever your favorite deck is, whether that's standard Bicycle or our shiny new Medallions. Your choice!

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
I had the pleasure of getting a Decoy Deck a few months before. I have to say this is the most visual gimmick/effect I have seen in years. So deceptive yet functional. With the Decoy deck in play, anything is possible. Can not wait to see all the uses other magicians come up with!

Decoy is one of those gimmicks that will be used and not collect dust in your magic drawer. So easy bringing it in and out of play, you can concentrate on your presentation and not have to worry about the Decoy Deck!

Eoin's attention to detail is evident in the Decoy Decks construction. His way of thinking when he constructed this gimmick is refreshing and new, he is a real forward thinker. Decoy is so deceptive you can bring it in and out of play without drawing any attention to it. A real winner!!!!!!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Although it is not examinable, could the audience hold the cards in their hand? In the demo we see the diminishing happen in a spectators hand, could they have then handled those cards at all? Or would I need to immediately take them back?

Jeremy Hanrahan

Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
"Although it is not examinable, could the audience hold the cards in their hand? In the demo we see the diminishing happen in a spectators hand, could they have then handled those cards at all? Or would I need to immediately take them back?"

There are some limitations to having the spectator hold the Decoy, but I would feel confident putting the Decoy deck in a spectators hands while I performed an effect.

Sep 9, 2013
Scotland
What is the basic routine with this effect? I know this is gimmick will allow us to come up our own ideas but I was just wondering what the basic routine is?

Jeremy Hanrahan

Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
I'm curious about the fragility of the gimmick, itself. Other variations of this effect involve gimmicks made of materials ranging from newspaper to sheet metal. How durable is Decoy? Will it last for some time; may I purchase refills in advance?

RS.
I had put one Decoy deck I got through the ringer and still functions perfectly.

Jerry F.(4)

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
On the four Aces which is the first routine explained, one cannot hand the cards out for examination. but it is so powerful, it is not an iddue.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results