Destruction Playing Cards Help!

Dec 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

So I have been working on designing these playing cards for a while now and would like to hear some criticism as to what you like, don't like and what I maybe should add or change (such as the colour scheme). Still have the court cards to design but would like to know if you would support this design if it were to go on kickstarter? They would be printed by LPCC.

Here is the design with different colour schemes.(The blue would probably be lighter)
white2 v3.jpg black and gold.jpg black and gold2.jpg black white.jpg blue gold.jpg blue.jpg red.jpg

Thanks,
Toby

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
Personally, I am not a fan of the design surrounding the center, it looks cluttered. The borders look cool. Maybe you could ass some color in the center design too?
But this is far greater than anything I could design so good work !

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I am also not sure fan of the center design. But the rest is pretty interesting. I'm sure there is a way for you to also turn this into a marked deck or maybe even a subtle one way deck with the design you're going for.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I also like the border but the rest of the design doesn't really fit with the border. I think the black and yellow and black and white color schemes work really well. :D

Dec 30, 2014
Personally, I am not a fan of the design surrounding the center, it looks cluttered. The borders look cool. Maybe you could ass some color in the center design too?
But this is far greater than anything I could design so good work !
Thanks for your feedback and I agree that I could work on the design surrounding the center. There is a reason it's just straight lines but I think it could be done better as well. Thanks.
I am also not sure fan of the center design. But the rest is pretty interesting. I'm sure there is a way for you to also turn this into a marked deck or maybe even a subtle one way deck with the design you're going for.
When you say the center design do you mean the actual center or the design surrounding the center? Personally I'd like to keep this deck just a normal two way deck for now but possibly in the future I'll look into your idea's. Thanks :)
I also like the border but the rest of the design doesn't really fit with the border. I think the black and yellow and black and white color schemes work really well. :D
Thanks for replying and I agree with your thoughts. I really underestimated how long it takes to design a deck especially designing custom court cards as well! Thank you for your feedback :)

Reactions: Dean Magic

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
When you say the center design do you mean the actual center or the design surrounding the center? Personally I'd like to keep this deck just a normal two way deck for now but possibly in the future I'll look into your idea's. Thanks :)
I meant the actual design in the center. Idk why but it looks like a man doing jumping jacks.

Dec 30, 2014
Overall though I think it's a really interesting design so koodos for all the work you put into it :) What kind of theme are you shooting for though?
I do Taekwon-do and there's a lot of hidden meanings relating to TKD in the design. Although the meanings are hidden so it's kinda just martial arts in general.

Reactions: DominusDolorum
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results