Diagonal Palm Shift help?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Ok, I was watching the DPS and I thought 'wow, that is one smooth move'. So I went out and found where I could learn this and somebody directed me to the Erdnase Bible. Now this has a lot of great stuff in there, but this particular move I struggled to understand. So what I'm saying is would somebody be able to PM me and give me a bit of help with this or something like that please? It's brilliant and would fit into a lot of things quite well. I really want to get this into my repertoire (sorry if that was misspelled) ASAP so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
are you looking for tips on the sleight or a clearer explanation of it? There was also a similar thread posted not to long ago on this topic. You might want to see what was posted there for your answer too.
I can't helo you too much as I am working on this myself and having a tough time as well. Erdnase can get rather cryptic in his explanations.
The best adivise I can give you is that tension is really a killer for this sleight. Try to relax your hands as much as possible.
I hope I helped a little bit. PM me if you have a specific question.
Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue's "Expert Card Technique" has a great section on palming and stealing that might help you out as well. If not it's a great book to have in your library anyway.
Cheers!

Study the book more, this is a hard move, certainly not something you can learn in one day. :)

Analyze the move, re-read the text, think of it, and grap the deck and try it .. etc, this is the way Erdnase should be studied.

awesome advice !!! and in fact this applies to all moves and routines in all of magic :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results