DIGITAL CONVICTION | robert smith

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Did you know that about 70-80% of the world population own a mobile phone...Well, now you know!

Mobile magic has been making a name for itself as phones seem to become more advanced then the last.

And what better to combine a common popular device with magic?

Effect:

This is Digital Conviction by b.Smith-​
“Digital Conviction is an amazing effect that can be performed anywhere and anytime with all borrowed objects. Everything is completely un-gimmicked and examinable and the spectator keeps a souvenir that will surely make you unforgettable.”

By now you might already know what the effect is, if not, click the link above or below and be ready to have your mind blown.

Done...good.

Yes, that is exactly what happens, nothing added or taken away, you get what you see...an amazing memorable and powerful effect.

Video and Quality:

So as we’ve come to know Papercrane’s video quality is very well produced, fantastic editing and filming as well as lighting and angles…marvelous.

Contents:

The video starts off with an introduction of Smith saying how this effect has all the right “ingredients” to make it a great reputation maker and what makes it so strong and I completely agree with him…a great introduction.

Then he explains the inspiration and history behind the effect and how it came to be.

Now comes, the explanation of the effect guest starring Eric Ross as the “spectator”.

What also is a complete plus in this effect is how Smith talks about the different phones and a few tips about them as well as a bonus effect using the Digital Conviction idea.

Teaching:

Smith’s teaching is top notch and he goes over everything from presentation, language, patter, angles, ect, he really leaves no stone untouched. You’ll have no problem and everything is covered with the upmost precision.

Method:

The method is very devious and clever. It really is a revolutionary technique and I applaud Smith for that. The ideal is really well thought out can appreciate the thought and research that went into the effects.

Difficulty:

Now this effect is fairly “difficult”, a beginner may have trouble with the sleights as well as a “move” in certain aspect of the effect. Timing and presentation as well as psychology are going to take practice to flow smoothing.

Dirtiness and Clean-Up:

You do end completely clean in this effect, whether it is your phone or the spectators. Everything is justified.

Applications:

Some are wondering if it is possible to use other items in place for cards, I believe you could, but I believe that this effect was designed more for cards.

Overall:

Smith as well as PC has outdone themselves again…an effect you can perform almost all of the time for any environment, that leaves your spectator with a memorable souvenir as well as using borrowed objects, that’s mind-blowing and also it being something personal that connects with your audience.

I will soon add this into my rep. and this is a winner for me.

You won’t be disappointed….I recommended it!

http://papercranemagic.com/digitalconviction.htm

-V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2008
im a bit iffy about this, as ive got an idea that this may not 'work' with certain types of phones. (Different software, functions. etc)

It does look promising though.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
im a bit iffy about this, as ive got an idea that this may not 'work' with certain types of phones. (Different software, functions. etc)

It does look promising though.

This will work on any phone that has a camera.

All you need is a borrowed, or your, phone with a camera and a deck of cards.

I've been having fun with it and it's a great effect to perform in streets or bars or basically anywhere...malls, markets, ect.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I'm deffinatly concidering getting this in the near future,
B.Smith is win xD

Hope my review helped in that decision... this effect is a winner and believe me, you'll have fun with it as well as get great reactions from it.

I agree, b.Smith is such a creative magician and I've been pleased with all of his products.

Aug 20, 2008
Las Vegas
Thank you all for your kind words and support and a special thanks to V for the awesome review.

Anyone who would like to purchase an autographed copy of Digital Conviction for $24.95 can paypal me at bobsmithpipe@yahoo.com.

FREE SHIPPING ALWAYS!!
FIRST 10 PEOPLE WILL RECEIVE A FREE DVD COPY OF "WOUNDED"!!

Thank you all again for your support

Best,
bSmith

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Thank you all for your kind words and support and a special thanks to V for the awesome review.

Anyone who would like to purchase an autographed copy of Digital Conviction for $24.95 can paypal me at bobsmithpipe@yahoo.com.

FREE SHIPPING ALWAYS!!
FIRST 10 PEOPLE WILL RECEIVE A FREE DVD COPY OF "WOUNDED"!!

Thank you all again for your support

Best,
bSmith

Thanks for the kind words and comment b.

Also, good deal!;)

V.

Sep 9, 2007
overall, great idea/trick.

Their initials are on the card, but I got the impression that the spec actually signs the card. They don't. Then again, a lot of the time specs won't realize it because the tend to remember an exaggerated version of what actually happened.

bSmith is on point with the psychological subtleties and is quick on his feet. Also, really great idea for workers instead of using business cards.

overall, a good buy.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
overall, great idea/trick.

Their initials are on the card, but I got the impression that the spec actually signs the card. They don't. Then again, a lot of the time specs won't realize it because the tend to remember an exaggerated version of what actually happened.

bSmith is on point with the psychological subtleties and is quick on his feet. Also, really great idea for workers instead of using business cards.

overall, a good buy.

I agree...DC is such a great effect.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and Digital Conviction is worth every penny.

V.

May 14, 2009
I picked thiss up becuaes of u, ur reviews are the best.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Wow, great review, this effect looks, and sounds fantastic.

Thank you...this effect not only looks great, but it is great.

I mean everywhere you go you'll see many with a cell phone, this is a great effect for the spectator and a great effect in any sitation.

V.

May 14, 2009
I perfomed this for my firneds and family at a recentt party and they wit nuts, thank u for this revieww really helped me.:D

Nov 10, 2007
I usually write in depth- reviews about effects, I am just going to give you a few thoughts:

When getting this effect I was really excited to see how it was done, when I saw the method I was a little disappointed, but that does not mean it is not a great effect, because it is.

There are many things that make this effect wonderful, but the best part about the effect is that it is visual and also part of the effect happens in their hands with their items.

This is not one of those effects where you will not have to practice because the effects is angle sensitive and a little bit knacky, but once you know your angles and get the knack down you are set to go to get amazing full blown reactions.

I am a magician that loves impromtu card magic, this is an impromtu card trick, but it is not one I will be using, I am sure many other people will use the effect but it is just not my style.

Overall the effect is great, the method can be applied to many other effects in which you may create a new trick with the method, the teaching is fantastic B. Smith does not miss anything.

I really do love the effect but just will not be performing it, I reccommend it to anyone who wants an effect that will get you great reactions.

- Donald

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results