Digital Dissolve + J.S.?

hkb

Sep 4, 2007
Your not being a........

Hey kiss dadookie,

You have no idea how I appreciate your so called anal response. I've been doing similar C/S routining for almost 20 years using what was introduced to me by 'Dusheck'. When I first saw the demo, I knew what it was with all my senses but who to ask... I did NOT want to get into one of those shooting matches about who did what and when.

Regardless, I cut my own coins if I have extra (dremel, file, steady hand), but if there is a remilled edge or something out of the ordinary there's no one to ask. You know sometimes it just plain s****s being seriously independent & possibly knowing more than who would have to be asked to get to the bottom of things. Especially when your not out to cull secrets or methods cause most where we're concerned are known to us already.

Thanks for being anal. But where I'm coming from, your anything but.

Best...
Keith

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
The lesson we all learn from hkb's post? That he gaffs his own coins, for the rest of the world, we're going to have to buy the effect or purchase the necessary gaffs. This is a good thing because that's more $$$ pumped into the magic ecosystem to support creators of fine products. I personally had no problem purchasing DD because I know how much the gaff is worth and for it to come with most definitely shaved coins, this is going to be something really special especially at $35 which is only about $5 more than a standard Johnson half dollar expanded shell. There's so many applications that can be used with gimmick. I do however wish that it was made from a half dollar instead of the english penny because the range of use would have widely increased for me if it was made with the half dollar.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I have found a better (re; less exposure) way to word a question I have.

Can the gimmick be used on any half dollar and English penny, or do you have to use the two provided.

I know that the two coins are examinable, but I would like to know if they are both normal, lol. Basically, I am hoping that one of them has NOT been altered in a way that is common for magic and coins.

Not that I have a problem with that coin being that way, but rather that I would love to make full use of the particular gimmick included with THIS effect as well as others.

Also, I have had gimmicks that were limited to the coin included before, and ended up loosing the coin. (I used to have a bunch of halves, and would give one away to the kid who helped me in my shows, and the coin probably got mixed in with them and I gave it away. Unlike other gaffed coins, the ones I am speaking of are far more easy to loose track of.)

Thanks
Glenn

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I hope so. Mind you, now realizing that the gimmick will be a penny rather than a half dollar narrows my plans for the gimmick, lol.

Too bad it's not avaliable with the gimmick being a half.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Well, I have gotten comfirmation that the gimmick DOEs work with regular coins, which is a GREAT plus.

I am going to order this, as well as Paic, but unfortunately do not have a credit card, lol.

I only use paypal sadly, so I am limited in where I can order from on-line. Damn you Theory 11, I may just have to give into the man and get a CC because of you :p

I have avoided a credit card for the past seven years. I have not needed one for anything and have avoided a lot of debt as a result, lol.

Yet again, magic has swept in and started me on a pathg to ruin.

Sep 2, 2007
I am going to order this, as well as Paic, but unfortunately do not have a credit card, lol.

I only use paypal sadly, so I am limited in where I can order from on-line. Damn you Theory 11, I may just have to give into the man and get a CC because of you :p

I have avoided a credit card for the past seven years. I have not needed one for anything and have avoided a lot of debt as a result, lol.

Yet again, magic has swept in and started me on a pathg to ruin.

I believe that Theory 11 is working on a way to pay for orders via Cash, Money Order and/or Check.

So if you're patient, you may avoid falling into debt, and then going bankrupt, like those in the sub-prime mortgage crisis.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results