Digital Dissolve Question

Dec 9, 2007
i've heard a bit about what's gone down concerning DD, and maybe it's not cool to ask, but because i was really impressed with the effect, i wanted to know how or where it can find the same or similar effect. i understand Steve Dushek does something at least very similar but haven't been able to come up with anything solid on that side of things. i'd be much obliged for any help you might be able to provide.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm not sure If I'm allowed to say what it is, but you can buy the gimmick for like...80 dollars I think...

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
i've heard a bit about what's gone down concerning DD, and maybe it's not cool to ask, but because i was really impressed with the effect, i wanted to know how or where it can find the same or similar effect. i understand Steve Dushek does something at least very similar but haven't been able to come up with anything solid on that side of things. i'd be much obliged for any help you might be able to provide.

I would wait for an announcement from T11 regarding DD and Steve Dusheck. I am not going to divulge anything I shouldn't but I am just saying you should just wait and see what pans out with this product being re-released.

--Jim

Sep 24, 2007
He. You didn't hear it from me, but apparently DD was a rip off of Steve's effect "Copper Silver Transpo" the gaff, I think you can get from schoolcraft.

(Lassen is selling the gaff though, not sure on specifics)

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
He. You didn't hear it from me, but apparently DD was a rip off of Steve's effect "Copper Silver Transpo" the gaff, I think you can get from schoolcraft.

(Lassen is selling the gaff though, not sure on specifics)

This has been covered many times over and things are being corrected to satisfy Steve. Like I said just wait and see. I have a strong feeling you will see the character and class we complain is sorely lacking in magic today coming to the forefront here in the near future.

--Jim

Has no one taken the time to look at Lance Delong's routine? Kozmo Magic has worked with greats like Dan Tong and Justin Miller so I highly doubt that his routine rips anyone off...

The preview video for "A Slick Trick"... the ending is dead on.

Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Has no one taken the time to look at Lance Delong's routine? Kozmo Magic has worked with greats like Dan Tong and Justin Miller so I highly doubt that his routine rips anyone off...

The preview video for "A Slick Trick"... the ending is dead on.

Sharp

Do you have a link for the preview video? The only video I was able to dig up was his coins through glass routine. Do you know anything more about it aside from the preview video? Steve himself has said that countless magicians and gaff makers have taken his ideas and used them without permission. I would like to see a video before I make any comment about what looks familiar. Given the gaff there is only one type of ending you can have with that thing so I am not sure what the point is really. How you get there and the handling up to the change is an entirely different animal.

--Jim

Do you have a link for the preview video? The only video I was able to dig up was his coins through glass routine. Do you know anything more about it aside from the preview video? Steve himself has said that countless magicians and gaff makers have taken his ideas and used them without permission. I would like to see a video before I make any comment about what looks familiar. Given the gaff there is only one type of ending you can have with that thing so I am not sure what the point is really. How you get there and the handling up to the change is an entirely different animal.

--Jim

Here ya' go, A Slick Trick

The begining of the routine is different but the ending even has the same shows as DD.

Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The last transpo was really the most basic handling of that gaff. The two (one really) routines prior to that were very different. All in all you can handle that gaff tons of different ways and many different applications. I do agree that Lance's handling was very similar to one of the handlings shown in the original DD demo, at least from what I can recall.

I hope Steve was credited on Lance's release in some fashion, at least for the gaff if the handlings were different. Most guys who know anything or mildly look in the history of the gaffs will find out that Steve was the originator and credit him as such. I don't own Lance's DVD's so I can't really confirm/deny that any actual credit was given.

--Jim

The last transpo was really the most basic handling of that gaff. The two (one really) routines prior to that were very different. All in all you can handle that gaff tons of different ways and many different applications. I do agree that Lance's handling was very similar to one of the handlings shown in the original DD demo, at least from what I can recall.

I hope Steve was credited on Lance's release in some fashion, at least for the gaff if the handlings were different. Most guys who know anything or mildly look in the history of the gaffs will find out that Steve was the originator and credit him as such. I don't own Lance's DVD's so I can't really confirm/deny that any actual credit was given.

--Jim

You just typed what I had been thinking but have a cold and couldn't clearly type...

Thank you
Sharp
:D... haha

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:D

In my boredom at work I have infrequent flashes of insight from which I quickly turn to my typical vacuous vegetative state of staring at the monitor looking intensely busy....

--Jim

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results