Digital Dissolve Review

Aug 31, 2007
So, I checked my tracking number this morning when I woke up and my package had been delivered (from Connecticut to Florida), but I had to wait to pick it up due to classes. After classes I ran to my mailbox and checked out my new stuff. The first thing I opened was Digital Dissolve.

What You Get

- Gimmicked Coins: These were packaged in a metal pill box padded with cotton and sealed with a static protection bag. Extremely well packaged and I doubt any of you will receive damaged coins. You get a normal English Penny, a normal Kennedy Half dollar, and the super-special high quality Schoolcraft-ed gimmicked English Penny. This means you can switch out the Kennedy half for any same sized coin you want (for all you Walking Liberty fans). It also means you can use your own country's currency if it's the same size.

- Instructional DVD: Contents include teaching of the routine from Dan White and also a short bonus video involving the naming of this trick. Pretty funny.

The Routine

- I'm sure most of you have seen the demo on the website. I have to say, that it is 100% true. You show both silver and copper coins in the beginning (BOTH FRONT AND BACK). You place the coins in the spectators hand, removing the copper one. You do the transformation and it is now the silver coin. You can immediately show BOTH sides of the coins again. Coins can then be examined by the spectator. I am very happy with how clean you are after this routine and just how fair it is to a spectator.

- There is also a bonus toss handling variation by Lee Asher. It looks very nice, but I would recommend it to magician's who are experienced at spectator control. It's harder than the original routine, but it is definitely something to work on.

Conclusion

- Great effect
- Extremely visual
- Completely fair
- Easy
- Inexpensive

I've always been intimidated by coin work, but this is within everyone's reach and can easily be put into your routines. I very highly recommend this product.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Could you tell us how this differs from scotch and soda?

EDIT: Handling and patter wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Can't wait to receive mines. Metal pill case? Nice, I wonder if I can use the case for other things, rattle box maybe? Heh heh.

Aug 31, 2007
Handling wise, Scotch and Soda is a lot dirtier. You have to jam coins in their hand a certain way. If you listen to the presentation/handling for Scotch and Soda, it's pretty weak. "Pull out the smaller coin. Oh look, it's a quarter now and the other one jumped here."

There are a lot of copper and silver transpos out there. I think this one is one of the most fair and most visual ones out there. They don't have a specific patter for Digital Dissolve so you'll have to figure one out on your own if you want a nice story, although it just might bog down something as simple as this effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results