Distortion or Prophet

Jan 11, 2008
france
I am on a low budget and i want to get an effect from theory 11 next month.

prophet looks great, however I can help but feel that extreme burn might be the same or maybe even better, and cheeper. If its not exposure just out of curiosity do they use the same gimmick? my only worry with both these effects is the foreign currency issue... Has anyone tested either these effects with euros?

Distortion looks great too, but i dont know if I want to pay that much just for a moving pip card and a method of how to use it.

any ideas or advice?

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
Extreme Burn:
Includes:

* Custom manufactured gimmick that is built to last a lifetime
* Full Instructional DVD
* 9 Extreme Changes
* plus SLOW BURN
* Over 90 minutes of
breathtaking impossibilities!

only $29.95

ORDER NOW!

Prophet:
buy
Prophet DVD- $24.95
buy
Prophet Download - $24.95

how is EB more expensive..??

any how, i'd personally go with prophet, distortion doesnt appeal to me but its your style of performing/..

Prophet for sure?

I would bet $100 you probably don't even have it.

Prophet is a great effect, it really is.

But it and Distortion are two completely different effects, are you a Coin/Money Magician, or a Card Magician?

Distortion is great for me, but im a Card Magician.

I actually own Extreme Burn, and love Sanders and would highly recommend it to others.

I dont own Prophet so I cannot really comment on it. I really wish others would do the same instead of jumping on the T11 BandWagon

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Distortion is a great effect, it's relatively easy to do aswell.

I don't have Prophet so I can't really comment on it apart from the fact that it does look pretty awesome.

Jan 11, 2008
france
Extreme Burn:
Includes:

* Custom manufactured gimmick that is built to last a lifetime
* Full Instructional DVD
* 9 Extreme Changes
* plus SLOW BURN
* Over 90 minutes of
breathtaking impossibilities!

only $29.95

ORDER NOW!

Prophet:
buy
Prophet DVD- $24.95
buy
Prophet Download - $24.95

how is EB more expensive..??

any how, i'd personally go with prophet, distortion doesnt appeal to me but its your style of performing/..

on penguin its $22.50

get extreme burn. once you learn it you can easily figure prophet out. thats what i did. i would not recomend distortion only because my gimmick broke in 3 days and i wasnt even doing anything wrong. it just snapped of me. plus its kind of a hassle to load into your deck without catching it on anything.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Asking should I buy Distortion or Prophet is like asking should I buy a car or a plane. They are too completely different effects. I suggest you think what you need. Do you need a visual card trick? Bill change? Longer routine? Something to be done at a table? And then consider. Is your need is a visual bill change, then consider either Extreme Burn or Prophet.

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm leaning more towards Extreme Burn right now. I saw video on Youtube of someone saying they used Extreme Burn and did a change that looked EXACTLY like Prophet. He just snapped and moved his hands exactly as Tom did in the trailer. With Extreme Burn you are getting

1. a gimmick to last a life time
2. 9 different changes
3. Slow Burn (which I have no idea what that is... but apparently its some other bill change as well)

Prophet teaches you one really cool change, however, with Extreme burn you are learning 9 CHANGES and you can apparently make it look like you are doing Prophet as well.

PLUS it's even cheaper than Prophet if you get it from Penguin magic.

I personally feel that 95% of the people here saying to pick up Prophet are what we would call "fanboys" meaning if it's from T11... buy it. Trust me, watch both trailers and pretend you've never been to either site before. Pay no attention to the hype because Prophet's trailer naturally makes it look cooler. Now picture the effect in your head.... 9 changes or 1 change? Plus you can make it look like you are doing Prophet anyway.... I would say get Extreme Burn, but that's just me.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Get distortion. This baby has so many applications it's not funny. Prophet is just one effect. Distortion gives the access for many effects.

That being said, it's really your choice ;)

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
The way I'd look at it is this. Distortion is a hand made gimmick which you must buy again if it breaks (Only $10). With Prophet, you are able to make your own gimmick whenever you need to, and if handled with some form of care, should last a nice long time.

They are both equally amazingly visual. The only deciding factors are:

1) Do you use cards more than anything
2) Do you want to possibly have to buy a replacement every time (Read: if) Distortion breaks?

Weigh out those options, and that should help you make your decision.

Personally, I'd go with Prophet. Not because I've jumped on the bandwagon, but because I really like how it looks, and wanted a money effect.

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results