Distortion - Wayne Houchin

Jun 13, 2014
Hey theory11! i have distortion i brought it from my local magic dealer and i mastered the trick but my problem is that when i shake the card and do the change people can see the string especially in the sun i was wondering if you can give me some tips and help me out!. Thanks

Apr 28, 2014
This is my personal opinion on this.

Some effects are more easily detected and look better on camera, in proper lighting, etc. This trick is one of those, at least I think so. When I watched the original demonstration I was worried about that, and a buddy of mine purchased it. Turns out I was right. I like the effect and all, I just wouldn't perform it for this reason. Don't get me wrong though, it's not nearly as bad as some artist put things out. I wont mention who, but I purchased a Magicians DvD on tattoo magic. In the DvD some of the effects were awesome, like printing parts from a bill onto yourself, or anything you wanted. Turns out this effect is mostly for the camera, or if the only lighting you have is by candle.

Jun 13, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
Distortion is a good trick if used in an environment with lower lighting - a party, bar, club, or places of that nature. It's one of those tricks that's better suited for cameras.

Jan 22, 2015
Very cool trick, i think i know how it is done. Extremely smart idea, patter and great use of the control i believe you are using.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results