Distortion

That's pretty good... At first it does look like camera editing, but actually, after watching it a few times, I'm pretty convinced it's not. You can see he's hiding the correct corners, and if I say more it will be exposure... But I'm pretty sure it's genuine.
But I'm no expert... Shall we get WH to watch this? :p

May 15, 2008
That was Cyril. Distortion is one of his best tricks.
I not sure if Cyril done this before Wayne because he did
that during 2004 or 2005.

edited

That's pretty good... At first it does look like camera editing, but actually, after watching it a few times, I'm pretty convinced it's not. You can see he's hiding the correct corners, and if I say more it will be exposure... But I'm pretty sure it's genuine.
But I'm no expert... Shall we get WH to watch this? :p

Even if it is edited he has to make a believable performance. Moving pips is "accomplishable" to the mind of spectators but what would the change of index look like?? Maybe it would give away the trickery being done using editing..
But then again, who knows. He has actually performed this trick live also, but in that performance he shaked the card during the pip movement (like distortion) and he kept greater distance to his spectators.
It could be some high tech gadgetry. He certainly has used such before.. Anyways
he is THE greatest street magician I have seen on TV... and it´s not only gimmicks and gadgets, he has some serious manipulation skills...

hehe

Moving Pips was done waaay before Wayne did it. Houchin was definitely not the first one to do it.

It is funny how little people have explored magic outside this forum:) There was someone the other day that complained that a certain deck vanish (not Panic ) should have been credited to Aaron Fisher:)

P.S. There is a interesting moving pips effect in Five times Five Japan. the logic of
it is a bit questionable but it looks really visual + the gimmick can be easily constructed...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It is funny how little people have explored magic outside this forum:) There was someone the other day that complained that a certain deck vanish (not Panic ) should have been credited to Aaron Fisher:)

P.S. There is a interesting moving pips effect in Five times Five Japan. the logic of
it is a bit questionable but it looks really visual + the gimmick can be easily constructed...

Yup, I own the book, and wrote a pretty good review on it. I haven't taken the time to construct the gimmick, but I'm sure I will someday.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results