Dive of Death tricks

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Don't know about Blaine's trick but there is an interesting effect in Richard Kaufman's Book "Cardmagic" called Karate Card that you might like. You impale the signed card with your finger.

Feb 1, 2008
Well, I am a great fan of pure sleight of hand tricks - no gimmicks and preferably impromptu. Wayne's trick Coin Through Soda Can is an example of such non-card trick - it's not a simple coin vanish trick, it has great angles, and Wayne has put so much work into it that it is practically impossible to improve his handling :)

I can be wrong, but I think Blaine's trick with the dart involves a gimmick. A bit like Cyril's tricks. Not really for my taste.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Well, I am a great fan of pure sleight of hand tricks - no gimmicks and preferably impromptu. Wayne's trick Coin Through Soda Can is an example of such non-card trick - it's not a simple coin vanish trick, it has great angles, and Wayne has put so much work into it that it is practically impossible to improve his handling :)

The trick you speak of is called Sinful.

Just curious, do you carry a deck of cards with you?

-ThrallMind

Feb 1, 2008
The trick you speak of is called Sinful.

Just curious, do you carry a deck of cards with you?

-ThrallMind
No, I don't carry a deck with me - I still do not consider myself good enough to perform live, although I have a ten or so of the greatest card tricks I've been practicing for at least a year :cool: Besides I'd like to perform with a borrowed deck - that's why I gave a Bicycle Guardians to my girlfriend as a present - now every time I go to her place, I can do a trick with her deck :D

Sep 27, 2008
I've been trying to find the trick where he slid the treasury seal on the dollar bill...anybody know the name?

Nov 8, 2007
For anyone interested, here's a legitimate list of the effects Blaine performed on Dive of Death. I hope this helps anyone out there in finding what they're looking for. Happy Magic.

Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders

eXile by Mattheu Bich

Lit by Dan White and Dan Hauss

Quantum Bender 2.0 by John T. Sheets

Compression by Dan White and Doug McKenzie

Strange Travelers by David Blaine

Prohibition by Charlie Justice

Silver Impression by Alex Lourido

Card Fictions by Pit Harling

Fraud by Daniel Garcia

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results