Does Pressure have an obvious method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
I personally do not know how it's done, but I've read many people on the forums stating how they figured out the method just by watching the trailer or preview video. Someone even said their mom figured it out just by watching the preview video.

What's important is, is the method obvious to laymen?

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Im sorry, but theres no way to figure it out from the preview.
I have trouble believing someone did just from the trailer.

I think your performance is the most important part of the effect, and how you handle misdirection.

Aug 21, 2008
Im sorry, but theres no way to figure it out from the preview.
I have trouble believing someone did just from the trailer.

acctually, i figured out the first part from the trailer and the rest from a performance on youtube.

i love the visualness but im not sure id perform this for any one i thought to be smart. too risky.
too easy to figure out

-Danny

Oct 28, 2007
if you say you can't figure it out neither can a spectator.

besides if they do think they know how to do it the clean up should fix that.

the simplicity of this effect could be compared to stigmata

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
suspicious.jpg

Are you some kind of smart guy?

It's not such a deadbang method that anyone can figure it out. Besides, your spectators should be in f*cking shock. You hammered their damn phone into a f*cking balloon!

Gustav

if you did this at a beggining of a routine, or when you show magic to someone. they will most likely not be that impressed. if you build up the excitement they will be blown away. i showed my sister just the first part, not even that the fone is in the balloon, and she was like. wow! thats cool!
so yea its all how you present it, and if the crowed seems receptive of the magic. i wouldnt do this to someone who was like. oh i know how u did that trick and so on and so forth. pick and choose your crowd

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
What's important is, is the method obvious to laymen?
That would be a question for DG, DW, and Blaine - as all three have performed PRESSURE to flawless success in front of real world audiences.

The key is practice. Perform the effect over and over again until it looks good to you - in front of a mirror, camera, whatever. This is my main focus in developing magic: to continuously work on a particular effect until I actually fool myself.

Practice, practice, practice.

J

J:G

also, the spectators will only see it once or twice, while the people who figuered it out can watch it over, and over and and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and......well, i think you get my point.

D

Deleted member 2755

I'd rather not have people fishing for the method of Pressure here. Whether or not the method is obvious, this effect can be performed for a lay audience and will NOT be figured out by them. Sure, we can watch the preview 50,000 times and eventually figure it out. However, out of respect for DG, DW, and the rest of T11, have some morals. Even if you figure out the method, try to have some morals and don't perform it. You wouldn't had thought of it if you had not watched the preview a ton of times. Besides, the final move is not shown in the preview which allows the spectator to remove it themselves from the balloon.

Anyway, I'd rather not have this thread left open for obvious reasons.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results