Dog Tag Revelation

This is without a doubt an old idea, but I thought of it last week and decided to buy some dog tags online that you have have engraved/stamped with whatever you want.

As it fits my style of dress, I figured I'd some some and have the basic info, name, etc., but somewhere have a line dedicated to a single playing card revelation...

I'm wondering what kind of card I should have for this sort of thing, I realize it's basically a matter of personal preference, but if any of you have tried something like this and found that certain card values can be applied to other effects, therefore making the single revelation more impressive?

I was thinking about the Five of Clubs, or a face card such as the King of Spades.

If anyone understands what I'm getting at, any input is appreciated.

Thanks much,

Apr 19, 2008
if you have silent running by ben harris, you could use the 7 of hearts.
hope it helps :D

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I happen to think that these types of things are maybe add ons to effects- not an effect on its own. It's kind of the idea of the "too perfect" theory.

I was sitting in fantasma in nyc and JP showed Tom Solomon a new effect. Both well respected magicians, Tom Solomon is one of if not the best escape artist in the world.

The effect was a straight forward. JP showed a wallet with a card inside the wallet and left the wallet open while he started to deal down a pil of cards. He instructed Tom to tell him to stop whenever he would like. Tom said stop- and the card he stopped at matched the card in the wallet. Everyone was already floored.Then JP turned of the wallet to reveal on the underside of the wallet in gold letters was the card and suit. At that point everyone in the room knew what happened but not necessarily what happened. I know that i was deflated when i saw those gold letters. I was still impressed but was not in a state of bewilderment like i was.

Now some will say that is just how magicians think. I would beg to differ. I think the first question laymen will ask is "how'd you know i'd pick that?" from there they could easily answer their own question.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
I do a dog tag revelation DAILY and I use 3 of diamonds. It was the most random card I could think of at the time on the spot and got the tag made. It's really cool to do.

Sep 7, 2008
David Regal has a very funny revelation on a dog tag. I do it all the time. It can be found in one of his books.

Thanks for the inputs, bros.

Chrisfecto -

This definitely entered my mind while considering what would be done with it. I'd be careful with it, it's also something one wouldn't want to do more than once for a person or crowd, because that would cheapen it and absolutely scream "FORCE".

I got the idea after reading "Father Figure" from Daniel Madison's "One" notes, where a psychologically forced card it revealed engraved onto a Zippo lighter. That, I think, would be the hardest hitting kind of effect, were it to succeed. I'm considering cards used in psych-forces that I've read and use something like that, among other effects.

well I have a few belt buckles that can be used for different revealtions. My 3 main ones are a designed on looks noghting like a card but has a 7 on top of a spade, a straight flush with one card face down (Ace of spades), then a full king of spades card.

I wear belt buckles every day so these fit into my collection, don't always wear them but when i do....

Apr 19, 2008
well if you want to do psyche forces and things of that natuer i deffinatly suggest silent running by ben harris!!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Silent Running is a great effect.
I agree with the "too perfect" theory. I do not like revelations that look "too good to be true" I like more natural revelations or ones that are not "set in stone" so to speak. Just my preference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results