Don't trust andrew mayne

Sep 22, 2007
sadly wasn't feeling it it had a corny feel to it i was like damn. I have been a long time fan of him but it just didn't do it for me something about the whole format and stuff to. what do you think?

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Completely agree with you. It was really disappointing. Really thought it was going to be a lot better then it was. I was cool with the idea of the show because it added something new besides just someone walking around doing tricks for people, but the execution of it in my own opinion was just awful.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I've posted here already on this show, you might want to look up the thread. . . at least I think I started the same thread here (I'm old, I don't remember stuff)

Anywho... Andrew followed suit with all the other TV heads and did a "show" rife with stooges and impractical set-ups such as making a phone booth appear from nowhere and then float in the air with someone that was supposed locked inside of it. . . making a guy's motorcycle vanish without getting punched out and several other ignorant bits of business.

I was sorely disappointed with 95% of both episodes. They were poorly written, poorly staged and worse of all they were NOT a magic show. . . and please don't come back with the lame excuse that this was a "Prank" show. . . no, if that were the case we'd see the cast of Jackass on the screen, no Andrew.

Nov 19, 2013
I agree with you all, however I think the media needed something like this out there, how many times have we wished that Criss Angel wasn't modern youth's first idea of a "magician," Andrew show, although staged does show new audiences something new, maybe it's all for the better.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
I was looking for a thread but could not find one lol so Ill check again! but yes I agree with everyone here. Although i dislike Criss Angels show, I would say putting myself in a lay persons shoes, That Criss Angels show is still more entertaining to watch. Mainly because it is scripted and acted a lot better. This is by no means saying either of them are good.

Aug 30, 2012
I really was left wanting with the show. It was clear he was using stooges and worst still the actors didn't react in a way we all would if a random guy took our I.D. and put it behind glass. As for the main tricks from the two shows...It was a hard sell even before I saw it. Afterwards however I felt like there was an hour of my life I was never getting back...

Apr 17, 2013
The problem is we are looking at this as a magic show when really it is an old school hidden camera show.

Apr 17, 2013
Even Looking at it as a hidden camera show, hidden camera shows to my knowledge dont use stooges. Correct me if Im wrong please.

Some of them do. They have since the 80's. Sometimes you have to "prime the pump". But yeah going back to things like Candid Camera they would use a stooge from time to time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results