Double Lift - Jason England or Paul Wilson?

Jun 5, 2010
Hello all,

This is my first post on T11 nice to meet you all :).

I am about a month into practicing card tricks and whatnot and currently I'm working on my double lift. I was taught this basic technique from a buddy of mine but I'm having a lot of trouble perfecting it. I cant seem to pull it off convincingly and it seems like I'm missing something. I want to learn this basic move properly so I'm currently shopping for a video for a good double lift tutorial. Having purchased some other 1-on-1s from T11 I am really impressed, so the first resource I turned to was obviously T11's Double Lift with Jason England. However, after some more browsing online I've found Paul Wilson's dbl lift tutorial on Dan&Dave. D&D's offering costs about twice as much as T11's but they boasts that they teach 7 different methods plus some "never before published" methods of double lifts.

I have never seen any tutorials by Jason England nor Paul Wilson. So my question is, has anyone own both videos or seen tutorials by either? I dont want to start any flame war or anything but if anyone could provide some suggestion on which to buy that would be awesome. Thanks.:)

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Get Jason Englands, its much much better.

Paul Wilson is great but i find his DL download to be overpriced and Jasons techniques are more real world friendly. Much of what is on Pauls DL is more something that will impress magicians.

If your going to get Jasons DL i would also pick up the pinkey count DL.

Jun 5, 2010
Get Jason Englands, its much much better.

Paul Wilson is great but i find his DL download to be overpriced and Jasons techniques are more real world friendly. Much of what is on Pauls DL is more something that will impress magicians.

If your going to get Jasons DL i would also pick up the pinkey count DL.

Thanks for your input Wallmott :). In the grand scheme of things I dont think an extra $7 matters much as long as I can learn this trick properly. I have never seen either of their tutorial so might as well start somewhere. Gonna purchase Jason's for now and practice practice practice. Will see how it goes from there. I will report my experience later :).

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I can tell you that this is one of those moves that requires a lot of practice to make it look natural. I have been doing it for a few years now and I am still working on small details. Jason England's is well worth it, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to get both. The more information that you have on it, the more personalized you can make the move.

Apr 6, 2010
Funnily enough, i picked up Jason England's DL 1on1 using the $4.95 coupon that we all recieved for free, so for only $2 i was practically stealing it!

I would happily pay $10 for it, as the content is supurb, Jason chooses some of the most practical, suitable and stylish DL's and teaches them in great detail, with a nice touch of histroy behind each one.

Definitely worth the money!

One of the best things that you can do is to get as much info on a move from as many sources as you can. I was watching a riffle pass tutorial earlier by Chad Nelson. I also have the pass tutorial by Jason England, but I feel like if I can gather a lot of info, I can make the move fit my hands and my style.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results