Downfall by Dan Hauss

Nov 23, 2007
NC
In my eyes one of the most impractical things i have.
Its a clever method but a bit over priced.

If i had known this i would have not bought it but we shall see maybe it will pay off.

Mikk
Sounds like your saying its no good for performances but looks good in a video.

Which means basically its useless for me. I'm so backed up on going over my presentations anyway I dont no why I'm even thinking about adding anything to my routine.

Oct 22, 2008
Yahh. than if this is really only good for video than its not my type of trick. Although it does look amazing ill have to lay off this one.

-Jake

Jan 19, 2008
I looked over in the penguin fourms...and apparently this was revealled on a tv show called the mentalist on CBS. Im still going to buy it but if i find out it was similar then i will be pretty mad.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
If it was revealed on the mentalist, Dan created it independently - As far as I know, it's a new method. Very sneaky, but it's workable - I'm not sure I'd use it in my standard table work, but for informal performances in bars or whatever it's PERFECT.

I used it today in fact, once you've played around and got used to it, you can move a LOT of different things - It's very effective.

D.

Dec 26, 2007
Dan has created some of the best effects in recent memory Lit, Flow and Sleeping Queen are just a few. I think Dan deserves more respect because of his body of work than he is getting for this effect. I love Theory11 but I keep seeing I heard this or someone said this and these statements are not true. Those that own the product should be the only ones that speak with athority on this effect. No this was not exposed on the Mentalist.

Jan 19, 2008
Dan has created some of the best effects in recent memory Lit, Flow and Sleeping Queen are just a few. I think Dan deserves more respect because of his body of work than he is getting for this effect. I love Theory11 but I keep seeing I heard this or someone said this and these statements are not true. Those that own the product should be the only ones that speak with athority on this effect. No this was not exposed on the Mentalist.

Well on the penguin fourms someone who owned the product said it was AND posted a video showing it.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Okay, I got it and I was a little disappointed.

Like mentioned, it's perfect for bars and restaurants or even at parties.
Some place like a park, not so much, I doubt you can even do it at a park.

Kind of like a lot of color changes, it looks great on video, but that's just about it.

Jun 8, 2009
I don't understand why some people are disappointed. The easier the method, the happier I am. The first explanations you come up with, are the same the audience will consider and the method is none of these, making it a brain-fryer.

It might be workable in a school environment, but in my former school it wouldn't have worked for me. The Setup would've looked out of place.

Dec 26, 2007
I just spoke too soon. Not being familiar with the show, it was unbelievable that it had been exposed on television. It was not until much later and after many requests for more information that we found out something similar was used on the television show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results