Title: Holely Change

Artist: SansMind Creative Lab

Producers: SansMind

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $29.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of DVD: 13 Min (Approx)

Holely Change is a neat little visual card change effect where a selected playing card is signed by the spectator and then the back of the card changes instantly and visually in front of their eyes as it passes thru a pair of blank cards with a large hole cutout at one end.

This is another entry into SansMinds “Worker” series where the magic is intended to be used by magicians for real world applications. Surprisingly, given SansMinds track record so far of putting out material that looks better in the promo than in real life, the magic in Holely Change is quite functional. The transformation is very visual and fairly easy to do. If you’re a complete new comer to card magic then you may have to practice your double lift a bit, but other than that, and a little finesse on the handling, this trick is something you’ll figure out in five minutes. The presentation isn’t very long, which makes it perfect for strolling situations, and the signed card is a nice keepsake at the end for the spectator. The trick practically resets itself too, so for you table hoppers out there, this is an attractive option. Of course, you won’t be seeing this one done on TV anytime soon, as SansMinds reserves the TV rights to any of their products, and this one is no different.

The instructional DVD is blessedly short. Tapping out at just a little over thirteen minutes it teaches the routine without overkilling the instructions. The trick is completely practical and well recommended if you enjoy card magic.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

The price is standard, the magic is visual, and the trick resets in seconds.

Teaching Quality: 8

Taught well..

Video & Sound Quality: 8

No bad audio or visual issues to note.

Overall Quality: 8

Overall a nice little trick.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results