Producers: Kozmo Magic

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of DVD: (Approx) 40 Minutes

Features:

• Play All
  • Charge Card
  • Eathan’s List
  • Back in Time 2.0

The one thing I like about Jeff is that he’s always thinking of new ways to create organic magic that is practical to perform and fun to watch. For such a young entertainer he’s a gold mine of useful ideas that not only play well for an audience but work within the real world. Jeff Prace’s “In Your Wallet” is no exception to his past creative endeavors. He brings you three simple but powerful tricks that can be put in your wallet, taken with you anywhere you go, so you’ve always got something to perform at a moment’s notice. In Your Wallet comes complete with instructional DVD and two custom built gimmicks. So let’s take a look at what he’s created this time.

Charge Card:

This is a Any Card At Any Number kind of trick with a twist ending. A spectator selects a card, and it is lost in the deck. You remove a credit card from your wallet and have the spectator add the last four digits giving you a “random” number. The cards are dealt from the deck until you get to that number, and low and behold the selected card is sitting in that very position! The kicker ending is that the selected card is now printed on the credit card instead of the numbers the spectator just added up!

Eathan’s List:

The spectator chooses a photo from a collection held in one of those billfold photo files, and remembers it. You touch a lighter to the folded up group of photos and the photo that they were looking at magically becomes burned and marked.

Back in Time 2.0:

You display a small yearbook photo of yourself from when you were younger. In the photo you’re blowing a giant bubble of gum. You then turn the photo towards yourself; visibly remove the gum from the photo and when you turn it back around your photo is of your smiling face sans gum.

The magic in this DVD is pretty organic, which is a staple for Jeff’s work. Nothing here is too hard to perform, and can be mastered quickly with some practice. The gimmicks for Charge Card are well built, and the gimmicks needed for the other two effects aren’t that hard to make and or find. I’m not sure I’d classify any of these three tricks as routine material, but for standalone casual strolling magic pieces they’re pretty good. The good thing is everything fits inside your wallet so you’ve always got at least three good tricks to go to anytime someone asks to see something. Prep time on all three effects is minimal, and can easily be done in a walk around environment. If you’re looking for something that you can always have on you to do, something that is magical without feeling too much like a “magic trick”, and uses organic items that everyone is used to seeing then In Your Wallet is a great choice for you.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

Good price, sturdy gimmicks that will last a long time.

Teaching Quality: 8

Great tutorial, very well presented. Nothing feels left out.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

Great sound and video.

Overall Quality: 8

In Your Wallet is a wonderful collection of organic magic for the working magician. Check it out!

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results