Title: Key Prediction

Artist: Richard Griffin

Producers: Griffin Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $34.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of DVD: 20 Minutes (Approx.)

A key fob is displayed. A secret message obfuscated from audience view until the time is right. A choice is made freely. No magicians force. The selection can be changed. The audience toyed with. Suspense builds until ultimately the selected item matches the printed prediction on the key fob in view the entire time. An absolute miracle in closeup!

It’s about time someone got around to making a quality Koran’s Medallion that was both affordable, and available in closeup variety. Richard has borrowed from the pages of Koran, as well with a little blending in of Don Wayne as his “Room Service” influences are noted. Both Koran and Wayne are credited and thanked for their inspiration in the DVD.

The outs are multiple, and the handling is easy enough to learn. The basic routine relies on four borrowed objects: A Card, A Phone, A Key, and a Coin. The effect comes with additional final revelation loads for ESP symbols: Square, Circle, *Bacon, and Star. It also comes with a couple blank loads so you can custom create your own set specific to your show’s needs.

The sixteen-minute tutorial video easily explains the handling, and the reset. You should be able to perform this with just a little bit of practice. The quality of the tutorial video is on par with something of a home studio production. Needless to say, the quality is reminiscent of a cheesy early 90’s video. Thank god the magic is good.

The props are nice. The disk inserts are heavy and well made. The key fob is made of a thick durable plastic, and looks like any other tchotchke item that you may have dangling off your key chain without drawing needless attention to it being a magic prop. The inserts lock into the fob nicely, and hold very well until you want to release them. Reset takes only a moment and you’re good to perform again.

Key Prediction is a great strolling or closeup wonder. It’s a nice-looking prop, and handles well. With proper care, it should last a lifetime. I love it and look forward to using it in my close up show!

*Reviewers note: I know it’s called “wavy lines” However if you’re not calling it Bacon in your routines you’re missing out on some seriously good audience interactions.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 9

You’re getting some quality props for the price you’re paying You also get bonus inserts so you can customize this routine to fit your style and act. More bang for the buck if you ask me.

Teaching Quality: 6

Not a huge fan of the home video quality, but it gets the job done.

Video & Sound Quality: 7

Sound is a bit off. Probably not the best mic, but again it gets the job done.

Overall Quality: 8

Key Prediction is a solid routine. It’s perfect for strolling or closeup. FINALLY a well made Koran’s Medallion in closeup format! THANK YOU!

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results