Retail Price: $24.95 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of DVD: 12 minutes

Features:
? Play All
? Menu
? SansMinds Products
? Credits

With L.O.V.E. what you are really receiving is a four card switch out move which can be used as a utility change packaged up under the premise of using a card trick to hit on some poor unsuspecting girl. Magically speaking the change is pretty novel, and can be useful in other applications. However the additional gimmicked cards that spell out LOVE from the spectator?s point of view I think is deplorable. I?m not going to get onto my soap box and preach about magicians substituting their skill in magic to over compensate for a lack of social skills but I am adamant about not using magic as a form of pick up art when it comes to meeting people you are romantically interested in. Just?. Don?t. If you can?t get a date under normal social means please for the love of god don?t give the rest of us magicians a bad name by using cheesy pick up lines and card tricks intended to get into some unsuspecting girl (or guy?s) pants. Just because you can do something with magic doesn?t mean you should. Oh and Chris that comment you make in the video (which is repeated on the add copy on the back of the DVD) about ?Showing her how good you are with your fingers? I really think was uncalled for and lewd.

Performance wise there?s practically nothing to this trick. You?re setting the spectator up to see a visual card change in which the results spell out the word LOVE. Obviously you?re doing this to hit on them or try to get a phone number. It?s just pathetic. The move isn?t hard to master and the most difficult thing in this DVD is the pinky count required during the get ready phase. The DVD comes with four USPC made gimmicks for the letters ?O?, ?V?, and ?E?. These are cards made to the USPC?s usual high standards for their playing cards. That is to say these cards will likely last you quite a while under normal to heavy use provided you don?t do anything like a TNR, Card Warp, Mercury Fold, or other equally damaging moves with them. I assume if you do end up needing a replacement you could probably just contact SansMinds and they might be able to sell you a cheap replacement card pack. Or you know you could just not bother doing this cheap (explicit removed) trick to begin with.

As far as close up card tricks are concerned this one isn?t very practical. You?re either going to have to have this setup on the top of your deck before you start performing, or you?re going to have to introduce them to your deck at some point before you do this particular trick. Failing that you could always deck switch for a deck setup with this trick too, but it just seems like such a waste to blow an entire deck setup on just this one rather lame trick.
Overall if you want to pick up on a girl I?d recommend buying her some chocolates, writing her some poetry, or you know? try to actually listen to her when she tells you what she?s into, what she likes, etc. Don?t be the magic douche that tries to pick up on her using crappy card tricks. It?s never as cool to her as you think it is.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 2
This is a lame concept. You should never try to over compensate for a lack of social skills by using magic. I?d flunk this with a 1, but the utility move is actually pretty useful if you get rid of the crappy LOVE pick up / hit on patter.

Teaching Quality: 2
Easy to learn. Patter provided, and trick concept shouldn?t have been taught.

Video & Sound Quality: 8
Sadly it?s a good video with solid sound. Other than the end credits that?s the only thing I liked about this video.

Overall Quality: 2
Actually use some social skills when trying to pick up on a date. Don?t give magicians a bad name by being ?that guy? who tries to hit on girls at a party using card tricks.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results