Retail Price: $19.95 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Includes:
• 1 Bag of Plastic Googlie Eyes
• 1 Packet of Look Performance Blank Cards
• 1 Gimmicked Playing Card
• 1 Printed Set of Instructions with Illustrations

The Effect:

This is such a cute trick for kids! You have a card selected and then returned to the deck. You draw a smilie face on a blank card and attach a pair of googlie eyes to it. It’s now a funny looking character! You pass cards over the eyes one at a time but they don’t react to it at all. When you pass the selected card over it the eyes follow the card back and forth! You turn the card over and it’s their selected card! Kids giggle, and laugh. This is by far one of my favorite new tricks to do for families, girls, and anyone else who just enjoys a light hearted approach to card tricks.

The trick itself is very easy to learn and requires very little sleight of hand to master. This is one of those tricks you’ll pick up within minutes of opening the package. The illustrations in the instruction card pretty much shows you what to do. There’s an online teaching video but you’ll need a smart phone that can read QC codes in order to view it. Honestly I don’t know why they didn’t just print the link to the online video inside the instructions card. How annoying that I have to have a smart phone in order to view the video. What if I don’t have a smart phone? Lame.

Performance wise everything packs down nicely and fits into your pockets. Great for strolling, walk around, street, or anywhere that has small intimate audiences. It’s a fun quick trick that’s easy to learn. For the price, and the wide range of appeal I really don’t see how you can go wrong with Look. This is a must for children entertainers.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Performance Practicality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 7
You get enough eyes, and blank performance cards to last a couple shows. Above and beyond that you’ll need to find your own. Blank playing cards would certainly work, and as for the eyes you’ll need to go to any party or craft store. Just make sure you get the ones that react to the gimmicked card.

Teaching Quality: 5
The teaching quality is barely passable. The instructions are great in the book but they lost serious points by making the online video only available to smart phone owners.

Performance Practicality: 8
I love performing Look for kids. It’s one of the few things I do for kids that always gets a good reaction.

Over All Quality: 7
It’s not unreasonably priced, and it’s really a cute trick. I’d recommend it.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results