Draven Reviews: Reaction

attachment.php

Title: Reaction
Artist: Rizki Nanda
Producers: Magic Tao
Retail Price: $24.95
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Notes: Fun trick, and features a little customizability to fit into your performance style.

Features:
• Play All
• Trailers
• Chapters
• Mechanic Art Work
• Rizki Thanks

Reaction is one of those card tricks that once you learn how to do it you kick yourself for not thinking of it first. It’s so simple and yet so visual that it’s a must own. A spectator selects a card, signs it, and loses it in the deck. A blank card with a window on it is put over the deck and instantly their selected card appears inside the window!

The gimmick that comes with the product is made from a blank card. I love the reason why they did this… it’s so you can customize the card with whatever you want the message to be. You could write “watch here” in sharpie and draw an arrow to the window, or you could put a scratch and sniff sticker on the card, and scratching the sticker activates the magic somehow… or you could put a sticker of a button on it and by touching the button the magic happens. Yes it’s corny, but sometimes a little tongue in cheek magic is the best when working with laymen.

Every time I’ve done this effect for my coworkers I’ve received some great reactions. The reactions aren’t quite on the same level as jaw dropping spell bound amazement as if they just saw Copperfield’s Fly for the first time. It’s more along the lines of having fun, being entertained watching card tricks and then “HEY! That’s my card!” It’s good fun!

The DVD is well taught, and the gimmick should hold up well for many uses. The nice thing is if you really wanted to you could make the gimmick out of just about any deck, so if it ever breaks down on you it won’t be hard to replace.

This is just a cleaver piece of close up magic that you’re going to love. It’s fun to watch and fun to perform. I highly recommend it.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
Good price, dependable, and easy to make if it breaks.

Teaching Quality: 8
Teaching is good, and the trick is easy to learn. Anyone with a basic understanding of card magic should be fine with this trick.

Video & Sound Quality: 1
The DVD refused to play on my laptop for some reason. The DVD also had some performance issues on my DVD player as well. I was able to cause the disk to crash and refuse to play again by just chapter skipping forward with my remote. I’m not sure if it’s just the specific disk I received or if they’re all pretty finicky.

Overall Quality: 7
Loved it! I recommend this one. It’s fun for the seasoned professional, the casual hobbyist, or the new student.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results