Title: Impossible Box 2.0

Artist: Ray Roch

Producers: A Triangle Production

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $24.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Moderate

Length of DVD: 43 Minutes (Approx.)

What a wonderful and entertaining piece of magic. A gimmickless chop cup and cups and balls routine minus the cups, and using instead a constructed little box out of playing cards. Object after impossible object seems to appear inside an empty box that is constructed in front of the spectator’s eyes! No magnets, no fancy props. The construction of the gimmick is easy and the routine is an absolute worker’s dream as it can be done in closeup, strolling, or parlor. It absolutely slays. There’s minimal sleight of hand involved and a few basic moves that you need to master but what you end up with is a charming piece of magic you’re sure to get a lot of mileage out of.

Ray Roch teaches the routine, as well as different handlings, and prop construction. To build the box proper you’re going to need a hobby knife, so kids will need their parents help. The hardest part of the routine is learning how to handle the box itself while you are building it, and after it’s assembled. There are no magnets or tape that holds it together so it is a bit knacky to get down. But the time is worth the investment because the loose construction and impromptu assembly just sells this illusion making it a masterpiece of closeup magic. Its magic done with magic looking props, cards after all, but without it looking like a magic prop… if that makes any sense at all. It’s just this casual, unassuming, little presentation that ends up packing a hell of a punch that almost seems to come out of left field catching the spectators completely off guard.

There is going to be some extra thought needed to be put into this routine on the part of the person purchasing this DVD. This routine deals with producing loads from an empty box. Ray uses a large die, an egg, a small baseball and a lime. These by no means are the only things that you can produce, but they are what is comfortable to him. This means that you can potentially customize this routine to produce loads that work for you, or fit your character. If you don’t have anything to produce load wise at the time of purchase then you may want to take a trip to a toy store and look through the impulse purchase bin to find objects that can fit into your hand that you could produce from the box. Around any holiday, you’re sure to find some cool toy stuff in the discount bins. Skulls and bats for Halloween, Santa hats and candy canes for Christmas, and eggs, and bunnies for Easter. This means that this is the perfect routine to customize for any time of the year you need to do something themed to a holiday.

The skill level required is moderate. You’re going to need to know how to palm something, or hold something in your hand behind an object. You’re working with loads so pocket management will be key. I wouldn’t call this a beginners trick per-say, but it’s not rocket science either. A little work and a beginner can get it mastered with some practice. A skilled performer will be up and running within minutes.

Overall this routine is a fast favorite of mine. I loved the routine and I highly recommend The Impossible Box 2.0! Check it out people, you’re going to love it too.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

Good price and excellent magic.

Teaching Quality: 8

The tutorial is very well taught.

Video & Sound Quality: 2

The video is great but the sound is utter crap. Ray is obviously not miced through the DVD, and it’s obvious that they are using a built-in microphone on the camera. No boom, no lapel, and the production quality of the DVD suffers for it. It really makes this look like a home-grown style video as opposed to a professionally produced and polished product.

Overall Quality: 8

I absolutely loved it. I can’t recommend this enough!

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results