Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of DVD: 5 Minutes
Notes: N/A

Includes:
• Instructional DVD
• The Mullica Wallet

Features:
• Play All

The Mullica Wallet is probably one of the most well known magician wallets on the market. Many wallets that are on the market today, that have come out since the Mullica Wallet first appeared have included this type of effect just because it’s still one of the best card to wallet routines out there. The plot is simple. The spectators signed card appears inside a small wallet nesting inside a larger one that’s been your pocket the entire time.

The DVD is as simple, strait forward and in your face as it gets. Tom shows you himself how to handle the wallet, position the selected card, and execute the moves needed to pull the card out of the inner wallet.

The wallets themselves are high quality leather wallets produced by Heinz Minten Magic. The wallets should last a very long time with proper care and use. The wallet is about the size of a check book, and the inner wallet is only marginally smaller than the outer one. The wallets are expertly designed to hide the mechanics when they are opened up and viewed by the spectator during performance. As an additional bonus Tom has included a blank card with “The Other Wallet Dummy” written on it, which is a throwback to how the wallet came when they first were released.

The Mullica wallet handles like butter. It is super smooth to transition the card from deck to position, and then work the gimmick in the wallet to load the card in. The only concern I would have for the functionality of the wallet is in its size. The size of the wallet maybe a bit of a put off for some people who prefer a more natural looking approach to their magicians wallets. Other wallets on the market look more like your typical hip pocket style and they’ll do the same thing. The longer size of this wallet still lends it to the image of it being a “magician’s prop” despite how beautiful it looks and handles.

The hardest sell with this product though is the price. $85 dollars for a wallet ISN’T cheap! Other wallets out there do incorporate the Mullica principle plus do a lot more in the way of peeks, and offering you additional hold outs, for comparable pricing. The Works Dream by Harry Robson sells at $167 dollars, includes the Mullica wallet principle, and jams in a lot of other features, peeks, loads, and even an out to lunch holder. “So what? That’s paying close to an additional $82 bucks for something with a lot of bells and whistles I may not need” You say. Well if you are only interested in doing a simple card to wallet then Steve Draun has one on the market that does just that- card to wallet, for $40 bucks. He calls his The Real Man’s Wallet.

So you have a lot of options when it comes to selecting a wallet to do card to impossible location with. With the Mullica wallet you’re paying a lot of money for a wallet that just does card to inner wallet. That’s it. No peeks, no nothing else. That’s a hard pill to swallow considering the Mullica principle has started to become something of a standard feature on modern magician wallets. On the upside however it really is a very nice leather wallet.

So at the end of the day, if you’re out shopping for a magicians wallet to do card to impossible location and the Mullica Wallet is one you are looking at I guess you really have to weigh the costs of the wallet against the bells and whistles other products on the market can offer along with doing the same thing. It’s going to be a personal choice. I can tell you this, you won’t be sorry if you do get the Mullica wallet. It’s beautiful. The investment is well spent. It handles like butter, looks and feels great. But given that it’s just a card to wallet at 85$ dollars apiece, that’s going to be a decision you’ll have to make for yourself.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 6
The price is a bit steep considering other wallets will do the same thing or more for a little more (or less) money depending on what all you want the wallet for. The product quality though is outstanding. It’s a beautiful wallet.

Teaching Quality: 8
The DVD really wasn’t necessary. But Tom is a good sport and explains things mercifully fast, and in a way that’s easy to understand. I don’t want to say “fool proof”, but it’s as close to that as you can get.

Video & Sound Quality: 8
The video quality isn’t exactly HD but it works. Sound was okay too.

Overall Quality: 8
For what this is, this is an amazing product. It’s pricy, but worth it if you want a Mullica Wallet and nothing else. Just keep in mind you’re paying for the name brand as well as a magicians wallet.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results