Drawing Peek

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
I'm looking for a way to have a spectator draw something on a large sketchpad, and then secretly glimpse what it is. I need it to look as clean as possible - preferably without touching the sketchpad, though I'm not holding my breath for such a miracle.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Have you investigated into Matthew Mello's 'Technique'? It's available at Papercrane productions and whilst I'm not aware of the exact method, it allows you to 'divine' a simple picture of number or word written on a pad of paper with you looking the other way. I have heard very good things about it. You may want to check that out.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Have you investigated into Matthew Mello's 'Technique'? It's available at Papercrane productions and whilst I'm not aware of the exact method, it allows you to 'divine' a simple picture of number or word written on a pad of paper with you looking the other way. I have heard very good things about it. You may want to check that out.

Randomwrath is almost right, It will allow you to sure-fire...ly divine any number, no matter how big, that the spectators draw on the sketchpad.

You never even see the drawing.

But unless you're Chuck Norris or Michael Ammar, you'll be sticking to numbers, not images ;)

I have it myself, and its a definitive keeper! you won't be dissapointed.

Gustav

D

Deleted member 2755

If you don't mind it being a small notepad, Universal Impression is great. Spectator draws something, rips the paper out, folds it, and then puts it in their pocket. The performer puts the notebook away and then pulls out a piece of paper like a business card or post it note. The performer reads the spectator's mind and draws what he or she thinks the spectator's drawing was. The performer turns over the paper and puts it on the table. The spectator takes out the folded paper they drew on and unfolds it. The spectator then turns over the drawing the performer drew. Both drawings are the same. GREAT effect.

-Doug

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
saying that you can look away whilst they write the number is a little misleading isn't it?

Ah well. The magic is what the spectator sees, not what the performer does. Ergo, If the spectator thinks you're looking away; Then you're looking away.

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results