E or T11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2008
And you guys are right, this has already been a thread...

You know theory 11 isnt going to close this thread, because they want their customers to have a chance to speak.

You know, that whole "freedom of speech" thing?

p.s. "Because that would suck"?....are you serious...now im just speaking for myself here, and im not one to go around starting stuff with other members, but if you dont like Theory11's forums atmosphere, then just leave.

can i get an amen?

Sep 1, 2007
You know, I really like the way Si generally just uses a monochromatic palette. It allows for contrast between the composition and the background. These are going to be some killer cards. His designs are flourishes in themselves...

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I don't think this thread is going anywhere but create tension among the forum members.E or T11? It's up to you to decide for yourself.

May 10, 2008
Now now steerpike. You know theory 11 isnt going to close this thread, because they want their customers to have a chance to speak.

You know, that whole "freedom of speech" thing.

Kinda sucks when your on the same level as the rest of us, doesnt it?

p.s. "Because that would suck"?....are you serious...now im just speaking for myself here, and im not one to go around starting stuff with other members, but if you dont like Theory11's forums atmosphere, then just leave.

can i get an amen?

Originally, I would say amen and whip the choir into a frenzy (even tho im jewish, but lets not get off topic;) )

But there is one thing Steerpike said that I would agree with and that is

"You yell at E for the pricing of Flow, but you don't take the creator to task, and then have the audacity to suggest that reverse-engineering the trick would be better. Who are you trying to impress?"-Steerpike

Now, first off don't get me wrong, magic is an expensive hobby when it comes down to it. While I do admit that $35 for Flow is rather outrageous, you have to remember that the creator must aso get paid for his idea. I think that that also helps forward magic. Consider this, You walk into a used movie store to buy a movie. You buy one for $8 and leave. Now does even a penny of that go to the people that made the movie? No, of course not. Because in the end the creator didnt get paid for the resale of his movie. In my opinion thats why exposure and reverse engineering an effect is wrong, because if someone created something great, they want to get paid for it, no matter which way you look at it, you want to get paid for your ideas (not OVERpaid, mind you). So, in thus, the (overpriced) $35 price tag on Flow is more for the idea of Flow, more than the gimmick, or else than you would have thought of it then, correct?

-Thanx for listening to me ramble

//edit: I admire what you are trying to do Longman, but even though we are fighting, its a fight that needs to be fought; and a discussion that needs to be discussed. (besides, the name of this thread is E or t11, after all)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
There are so many things that go wrong with these types of threads, such as unnecessary personal attacks and disrespectful bashing -- none of which further anyone's magic.

Therefore, per the request of numerous members, I'm going to close this thread.

In the end, whether through Theory11 and/or E, our goal should be to advance and further our own -- and the art of -- magic. To each his own.

Thanks,
TDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results