Eclipse by Eric Jones: A Review

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Hey Guys and Gals!

Mike Hankins here...stopping by to give you guys a review of my good friend Eric Jones' new stunner, Eclipse. Now I know this has not been out that long for a real review to be posted, but I am basing my review on the move itself. Eric showed this to me SEVERAL months ago, so I have been fortunate enough to play around with this move for quite some time.

First of all, it is nothing short of elegant looking, which is what Eric is known for...elegant magic. Learning the move will not take long at all. However, being able to execute the technique with the same softness and elegance as Mr. Jones WILL take hours upon hours. But that is the beauty of moves like Eclipse. It might be an "instant" download, but don't expect to be able to master a technique in an "instant". You veteran magi out there know what I am talking about. :)

So in short, this review is not about the film quality. We know it's going to be good...its Theory11. This review is also not about the editing quality...again, its Theory11. This review is about the technique itself. As for detailed instructions? Well, I was there as Eric filmed it, so I can tell you he goes in to GREAT detail about the handling, the technique, and the various uses for this utility move.

This will not disappoint.

Mike Hankins

Jan 27, 2011
Well said , if you like what you saw in the video and think you can adapt it to your style buy it. Its another one of those moves that will be a favorite. What i like about it most is you can rely on Eclipse in most situations.

Dec 8, 2010
I can't review this from the backstage perspective as I have only just now bought the Eclipse video, but to me it looks like a much more open and casual way to accomplish what a DL would do.

I was lucky to catch Eric's visit to The Magic Session a couple of months ago, and even in that live, web-video environment it was obvious that he is a great teacher: very clear, thoughtful and succinct. Looking forward to learning from a master!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results