Effects Help!

Aug 29, 2016
Good evening,

I hope I'm putting this in the correct forum, apologies if it's the wrong one?!

I have a few questions regarding some effects that I would like to put into my routine, hopefully somebody can help me...

I have been to see a few magicians recently and they have both performed an effect where the magician starts with 5 small envelopes numbered 1 to 5. He gets 4 different spectators to each choose an envelope, leaving the magician with one. Basically, each spectator opens their envelope to reveal nothing inside but a folded piece of paper, in the magicians envelope is a $100 bill. At each stage the spectator is asked if they want to swap the magicians envelope with their own. Not only that, the magician gets each spectator to unfold the piece of paper that was in their envelope to reveal a message written on each. For example, spectator 1 reads out "this envelope will be chosen by the only female in the group" and she is the only female. Spectator 2 reads out "this envelope will be picked by the only person wearing glasses" they are the only person wearing glasses. Spectator 3 reads out their message to say "this envelope will be picked by the only person with a beard" and, you've guessed it, they are the only person with a beard...and so on. Each piece of paper in each spectators envelope that they chose themselves has something written on it that refers to them. Is this the same effect that John Archer performed on Penn & Teller:Fool us? If so, is the ending with the pieces of paper included with this routine?

I'm also looking for a 'Lottery prediction' effect. The magician I recently saw chose 6 people to each call out a number between 1 - 49. As the spectators shout them out, he writes them on a large whiteboard standing on the stage. He then produces a wallet, pulls out an official, printed lottery ticket where the numbers match. This was a very clean and direct routine which I loved but with a few lottery prediction routines out there, which is the one that best matches this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results