Ego Change

Jul 14, 2008
That would be a Cardini change since that it is very fast, visual change. If you ask my opinion, that is very impressive.

Apr 26, 2008
Yeah, when i first learned the ego change that's pretty much what it looked like for me.. but then i watched the video again and i realized that it was supposed to be a much slower more "just wave your hand" kinda thing.. If i was you i would go back and re-watch the performance and explanation again... I really think that a well done ego change IS the one of the highest impact color changes to a layperson.. The Cardinin change is good, but it looks, to a layman, like a "move" where as the ego looks like real magic.. so go back and re-watch the videos..
just my thoughts, hope that helps...

Sep 1, 2007
The only advice I would give you is to smooth it out a bit. As of now, it's pretty jerky and it looks like you're up to something when the card changes. Try and make it look as natural as possible.

I really liked how you executed the change, but the placement of the previous card was very noticeable and could be pulled off better. I suggest taking a look at Danny's clean up at the end by doing an all-around-square-up. It looks natural and displays the card nicely too.

-Joey

I'd just like to ask where you learnt it. If you don't know the difference between an Ego and a Cardini, i'm guessing it was some youtube exposure video.

Many people, unfortunately, don't know the Cardini.

The Cardini Change uses fingers underneath the card and creates a noisy change, hence why it is usually done with speed.

The Ego is intended to be done sloooooowly. There is not one fast movement in the entire change. Because of this slow nature and the grip, it becomes a damn near silent change.

I have a video on my YouTube called Magic Vs. Illusion. I don't mean to plug my video, but I do use the Ego change in that video in the way I feel it should. My clean up action was sub-par in my opinion, but the change itself was fairly solid.

C

Oct 4, 2008
malaysia
thanks guys for everything....hi cliff as u mention the cardini change places the finger underneath the card,is it like tivo 2.0 that dave teaches in that way??

Dan and Dave credit that change as the Cardini on the Tricks DVD, but later call it a different move on AndThenSome.

The original Cardni change involved having the pinky in that same position, but also the index finger underneath a block as well (the original change was done with a block, not just 1 card, I believe).

C

Oct 4, 2008
malaysia
i downloaded the 1 on 1 on tivo 2.0 but i find it really hard doin cardini change by placing the finger underneath the card, any advice or tips on it???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results