Electric Touch Review

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
What would the price on this effect be?

The price varies from place to place. I believe on Yigal Mesika's website, its selling for $199.99 -- though I'll have to double check that. However, I've seen it selling for as cheap as $174.99.

Cheers,
JTM
E sells it for $169. However, because the new site was just released they haven't uploaded the item in the system yet.

Oct 10, 2007
Electric touch is a great tool. It really fries your audiences.

It is a gimmick and it requries quite a bit of set up.

However this is something that I really recommend picking up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
An effect I freaked people out with using my ET:

Get an eraser or a piece of cheese (Something similar in consistancy), place a tooth pick in the middle of it and then fold a small rectangle of aluminum foil so that it can balance on the toothpick. Place a glass over the entire thing and then put your hands around it, using the ET you can spin the piece of aluminum foil.

Sep 2, 2007
???
That's actually quite a nice idea. You would have to alter your control patter slightly, such as at the moment your pulse stops, they need to keep their hand hovering above your arm (while you"charge up") then wait for the shock and get them to carry on taking your pulse. Of course all this would have to be explained before hand. Something rather difficult.

Methinks that it would work better, and be easier to execute with a PK watch stop, zapping someone as you stop their watch in your hand. "Did you feel that?". Awesome and easy to do if you have both.

Oct 28, 2007
but what if you accidentally step into a puddle? it would hurt like hell and fry you gimmick.

or if it rains and for some reason you were outside for some reason?

but what if you accidentally step into a puddle? it would hurt like hell and fry you gimmick.

or if it rains and for some reason you were outside for some reason?

No, it wouldn't. You could just have the ET turned off. Or. . . not active. You don't have a constant current running through your body.

Of course, this makes using it with Control a bit more difficult. Suffice to say that unless you built your own set-up with a different activation (like some enterprising people have done, and I plan to do eventually), the posture that Wayne uses would not work. At all.

And. . . as for setups. "Pro" isn't the best set-up for ET. It sounds like you're tapdancing. . . and you have to seriously mess up a pair of shoes.

There's a setup on the secret forum that is much better, and you don't have to permanently embed your ET. The PET or something. . . it's what I use.

My favorite effect is having someone select a card, and then pressing it against a wall. It sticks. I have them take it down, and try sticking it to the wall. Naturally, it falls. I laugh, say I'll help them, and put a hand on their shoulder/back.

They try again, and it sticks.

I usually patter about new-age thinking and auras and crystals and stuff. It's pretty funny, to be honest.

Also, kissing someone with the ET = absolutely hilarious. Painful, but funny.

Apr 27, 2008
I have the same question if I had 180 bucks to buy some nice tricks or just this what would any of you suggest I do?

Sep 2, 2007
coastaldude, i would recommend getting different tricks unless you have a solid performance. if you get this looking to have the ability to shock people, you and your audience will be disappointed. I got this and i dont use it yet, main thing is i want to make certain i can amaze and manage with out it. It also gives me time to looking into howto overcome certain limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2008
With the electric touch, is the method of charging/losing charge as quick and simple as grounding/un-grounding or do you physically have to turn the device off?

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
When touching someone when charged up, will it hurt them?

I have an idea that requires me pointing and slightly touching a spec's forehead with a finger thats been charged. I assume you should set it on low or something?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
When touching someone when charged up, will it hurt them?

I have an idea that requires me pointing and slightly touching a spec's forehead with a finger thats been charged. I assume you should set it on low or something?

It will just give them the pain of a static shock.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results