Encarded - New custom card venture

Sep 11, 2011
Florida, USA
xmetal.me
Hey everyone,

After falling back into the world of cards I got so excited about it all that I've taken it to the Nth degree: namely that I am designing my own deck, started up a company, built websites for it and everything. Perhaps a little crazy, but I think that while we have a multitude of amazing cards out there, there are always new ideas that no one is exploring, and card designs that need to be brought to reality.

My first deck is called "Tendril" and will be up on Kickstarter soon. I've spent quite a lot of time working through the details, talking with USPCC and fine tuning things and I think I've created a pretty unique and interesting deck that will appeal to cardists, magicians and collectors alike. If you have a moment, please check it out and if it catches your eye, be sure to keep track of things socially as we put out updates frequently.

Visit http://encarded.com for all the details. Twitter @encarded and http://facebook.com/encarded

TendrilCards_w_logo.jpg

Jun 22, 2011
Chicago
Hello xmetal!
Thank you so much for posting! I am really excited to hear about your endeavors for this art. First of all, the deck looks great. But I do have some words of advice. My personal feelings about all these card designs have been stirring inside of me for awhile. I believe that if we keep releasing all these decks, people will eventually get tired of a new deck every week. I'm not saying you personally, but the entire industry. There's nothing wrong with making decks, but if people do it for the heck of it, they won't know which one is quality and which one isn't. So I would suggest keeping that in mind. Don't try to make as many as possible to be the "deck guy". Do it because of inspiration and art. Whatever happens, I wish you the best!

Apr 20, 2010
Personally, I'm not a fan of the design. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others love it.

Your enthusiasm is admirable. I wish you the best of luck with your deck.

Sep 11, 2011
Florida, USA
xmetal.me
Thanks guys. I do realize there are a ton of decks these days (we all know who the big guys are and how often they release) and I am certainly not planning on tossing in handfuls of decks into the pile. I just really enjoy the design process and hope to craft a few that really mean something to me personally, and hopefully bring together some new ideas that we might not get to see from the usual channels. I love the medium of cards, there's just something special about them that very few products have.

Nlvan, thanks for your honest opinion. As with all things design, you will never reach 100% of people, and that's perfectly fine. Maybe my next one someday will push your buttons. :)

Sep 11, 2011
Florida, USA
xmetal.me
Nice deck, although the only modification i would like to see is a thicker border. Just my 2 cents.

Heh, well you are in luck. USPCC has asked that I ever-so-slightly increase the border size so that we guarantee quality on the printed cards and don't have too many rejections. :)

Oh, not to be too commercial or anything, but I teamed up with company that produces a sweet new card clip (made of bamboo!), and there will be a very limited supply in my store tomorrow at 5pm EST. That may be interesting to some of you. If not, happily ignore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results