Entity from Jeremy Hanrahan

Jan 18, 2009
Entity from mjmmagic.com

Entity is a cool little gimmick I picked up when it was released and have played around it with it and performed it for a few people. If you watch the video at mjmmagic then you will most likely understand what the gimmick is but that should not deter you. It is well made by Roy Kueppers and the tricks and advice is very nice to watch.

Gimmick 8.5/10

Gimmick is very nicely made and only a handful of people will really understand what it is. The gimmick can be seen under certain lighting angles, it can be really bright and no one can see it but if they are at a certain angle they will but many will not be paying any attention to it. There also comes something with the gimmick so you can control it and it will take some practice and Jeremy tells you two different ways to set it up, although I use my own way which is far more effective.

Teaching 9/10

He teaches many things in this video and it is well done, although a few parts I would have liked him to go slower on. He teaches 5 tricks I believe and they are almost all hard hitting if done properly. The set up to the actual gimmick itself is taught so everybody should be set.

Tricks 9/10

Jeremy teaches a few tricks and they are pretty cool and only one actually requires making a gimmick.
Entity- very cool and the most basic effect and requires nothing more than the gimmick and tool 8/10.
Ominous Deck- This is basically haunted pack without strings and he teaches a few little nuances to pull this off very effectively but it may not be quite as powerful as original Haunted Pack. 7/10
Suffocation- This is the haunted pack but inside a ziploc bag and this is probably my favorite trick because it just looks to cool. 9/10
Gone Fishin- Similar to entity but you will need one little part to pull it off same as suffocation, it is entity but without a certain move but is replaced by another and just as simple 9/10
Shadow Box- This requires you to make a gimmick and it's not very complicated but will require you to destroy a certain something but is replaceable. It is hard hitting if done properly but it's not what I personally like. 7-9/10

You can make your own obviously and I already have but still working on it

Overall 8/10

It is very cool and very visual if done proplerly and I very much like it. It is a touch bit expensive at 35 plus S&H but if you like PK effects or just a nice visual trick to add to your repertoire. I use it as a middle effect or closer since an opener makes the deck fishy and could ruin your routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results