eXile Reviewed

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
I'll start off by saying that the method for this effect is really cool! It's not limited to just the version performed by David Blaine(which is the coolest version in my opinion), you could write the x on your hand, vanish it, and make it appear on the spectator, which is covered by Dan White on the dvd. You could also penetrate objects; I've heard several people complain that spectators don't want to end up having ink on their hand, which I don't find a problem, but if you are worried about it, why not do eXile normally but have the X's appear on the coin itself? Just an idea. The teaching is very thorough, Dan White goes over construction, handling, and performance in a very concise, straight to the point way which I appreciate. The quality of the dvd is surpassed only by blu-ray, so you know it looks great. You get multiple copies of everything you need to construct and perform this effect. Set-up is just a one time thing and may take 5-10 mins at the most. I've read in other reviews that some people were disappointed in Dan not adding a handling that leaves you clean, so for any beginners out there, pick up a copy of Bobo's coin magic(book) or Noblezadas coin magic(dvd) from penuinmagic.com and you'll have every sleight you need to end this effect clean. I don't think it's necessary. I've performed this twice without any problems or interrogations which is the case most of the time with most effects, a little too much "caught ya" paranoia if you ask me. Great effect, if you're on the bubble about buying this, go ahead and take the chance, it's the coolest effect I've bought this year. Plus, it's very simple and clean.

Zack

I like the idea of the ink jumping to an object opposed to a hand.

When I would do the cheapo version and just mark the person as I grab their hand.. (ashes to palm)

girls especially would be irritated.

Somebody should post some ideas that include ways to make the x's hop to other objects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results