Expert at the Card Table

i have noticed that if u enter dan and daves website and go to the book area in the store on page 7 it tells you that the expert at the card table sells for 70 dollers. then at penguin magic it sells for 9 dollers. thats a major difference. they most likely are different but i just need a honest response if they arent. i think they are different bcuz of the covers. they are different aswell as the price. thanks for the help if any.

-Wooj

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
I heard this somewhere so I'm not 100% sure but the reason I was told was that the one on Dan and Dave's site is like one of the 1st ever printed ones or something like that, sorry if I'm wrong. But either way, Expert at the Card Table can be found online for free as an eBook

yes it looks like the D&D are selling a reproduction of the first edition of Erdnase, which is a collectors item and is priced accordingly... you can get an idea from the small descirption on their sale page.

This beautiful facsimile of the first edition was published anonymously in celebration of the centennial of this classic work on sleight-of-hand deception with playing cards. Limited to 750 copies and long unavailable, we have secured the few remaining new copies.

if your not looking for a collector's item them look for a more reasonably priced edition of the book.

http://www.erdnase.com/editions/index.html

-Abe

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 12, 2009
The one at penguinmagic is a cheap paperbound edition, and the one at D&D is a facsimile of the original book from 1902. So it is basically the same as the one from 1902, the only difference is that the new one is bound better, making it last longer.
I have the one from D&D, and it is really beautiful. Buy it while you can.

i'll try to buy it while it last. thanks guys also i noticed the amount of pages was off buy the different versions of books. i'll just stick with the d and d version since it was tweaked to match the modern age or not that just gave it a little improvements. and it has more pages. thanks for the help.

is it worth the 70 bucks or shoul i buy the other 1 and miss out on what i wood have gotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results