Factory Sealed: "How did that coin get in that bottle!?"

Factory Sealed is Ellusionists new Coin in Bottle effect which has received praised reviews from pro magicians, as well as up-in-comers a-like. It has been said to be revolutionary, something that everyone has been waiting for, and something we have all finally gotten a chance to witness.

Performances
There is 6 performances of Factory Sealed, each more powerful than the last. It also shows the 2 different variations in which to penetrate the bottle. Justin does and amazing job on the street, and I feel sorry for some of the audiences since some of them are also from the Bullet DVD, so you can see some people still shaking an empty Vitamin Water Bottle in one of the clips. Watch all of these first, don't skip them and go straight to the Teaching, they will help with your own routine.

Teaching: Method 1 (Original)
The original Method which is shown at the beginning of the Trailer is the method in which Nick V originally thought of. Justin teaches you what you will need and HOW to hold the bottle correctly and show you how to adjust your angles, and an easy way to get your audience in check. There's also lots of tips on revealing the coin because, it's sort of the most important part. Everything is taught clearly so once you find out the materials you need, go get them and get ready because you'll be ready to practice in moments time, since a technical part of both routines in vanishes comes up right after.

This method is where you take the Nickel and hold the bottle upright and you seem to push the bottle through right in front of your audience. Everything is done in your hands with the bottle examinable afterwards. This is meant to be for smaller audiences since it is more angle sensitive than the other version, which is just amazing.

Teaching Method 2 (More than 3 people)
Again the method is taught clearly, and you basically know everything you need to up to this point. It's just changing how you present it to the audience. Where instead of holding the bottle up-right in your hands, the bottle is held in the spectators hands with the coin in full view at all times. It is in my opinion much more convincing because you can start clean, end clean and it happens while in full sight RIGHT in front of the spectator.

Alternative Handlings
There is many ways in which you can do this effect with many different ways to show the bottle, the coin, the penetration and more. If your not comfortable with sleight of hand there's some ideas which will help you out. But, the sleights are so easy and simple you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you want to be super squeaky clean, it's killer all-around.

Other Things to Mention
This method is able to be done with or without a label depends on the technique you use, or how you want to perform it. There is ways to use a quarter not just a nickel like in the preview.

What I think
Factory Sealed is a very ingenious method which anyone could've stumbled upon. It uses these principles in a very smart presentation wise way, along with the variation in penetrations. I've performed this effect for a group of 3 people are school, and they still don't know how, and they still tell everyone "It was sealed, I heard it crack open, the coin was inside, MY coin." It is a very clean effect which anyone will be able to perform but, you must be able to do it flawless before going out on the street. I will surely add this to my routine since it is such a beautiful effect. With this DVD you will get EVERYTHING you need to perform this effect, and even add your own twists and variations on, I've already thought of my own. With all the methods and handlings involved if you like to be clean you will be and it will be a visual penetration.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. I think this is a great effect to do but, it's only flaw is the angles, which can really kill your act if you don't control your crowd properly. Practice, practice, practice and you'll be on your way to performing Factory Sealed.

Flaws
Every effect must have its flaws and well Factory Sealed does have a few. The bottle can be checked before-hand but not shaken around and held up to the light and such. Also the bottle can be borrowed but, doing it in FRONT of an audience is very ballsy and is not taught on the DVD. I can't go into much more detail than that without exposure about the whole process unfortunately but, you can't expect anything to really be perfect. Also angles will be your worst nightmare for this besides the fact of borrowing the bottle. You can eliminate it but, doing one version could be tough surrounded. So don't expect 100% perfection, since nothing really is perfect.

-RA69

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I agree that there are methods used here that are ingenius. Although, I don't like certain aspects of the trick and the methods, I don't think it was a waste of my money.:)

all the 'squeaky clean' endings i though was uneeded and just trying to make you buy another product but it was still a great buy

I was stating my own opinion, there is ways to end clean and start clean. I don't want to miss any details. And I only say "squeaky clean" because I believe the 2nd method is, nothing in your hands and you can hand it out for examination. It does have it's flaws but, if someone WAS going to buy it they may want to know of the upside.

-RA69

Sep 28, 2007
The effects is brilliant.

You can even see with the built in methodolgy.. found in the components section of the DVD...it can been shaken quite vigorously.

The football application allows you to shake and display the bottle surrounded.

If you perform it correctly you can let the spec tamper with everything and walk away screaming and saying they broke the seal themselves, as shown in the DVD.

The whole DVD is so well put together...So many things you can do...so many things to discover that are waiting to be discovered.
In just two days I have done more with this than ever thought possible.

Nov 12, 2007
I am EXTREMELY Happy with my purchases for BOTH Factory Sealed and Bullet. Anyone who is a true CIB lover will appreciate the inner workings that really make these effects look bona fide.

-V

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results