Farewell Performance

Sep 29, 2018
*sigh*
(NOTE:- It's me sharing my experience performing. Feel free not to read any of it, I just hope that if there's anyone out there who is a close-up magician and suddenly finds themselves in a stage-magic situation, this helps them...)

It was magnificent.

I want to begin by thanking @RealityOne a million times. If he hadn't guided me through this, the act might have been a really sub-par one.

Basically it was a farewell organised for the class 10's and 12's by the students of class 9 and 11 (I study in class 9 currently). I was asked to do a magic act and I found myself (AGAIN) in a really sticky situation...which is...

'A wonderful opportunity but not my type'

I only do close-up magic, and without high-end technology to help me, it is really difficult to portray what I do for an entire audience of 400 (news flash, India is the second most populated country, okay? What did you expect, blank space?).

I asked on here, and I also appealed for help to @RealityOne , and many gave me wonderful suggestions. The reason I am so grateful to him especially is because he actually seemed to care about my act, which is a precious thought in this cyber-world full of strangers.

The farewell was this Friday.

The entire idea was that there would be a mega-reunion 10 years later and I (along with help from the tens and twelves, as volunteers) would be planning it.

How?

I had them randomly select a date, a place and a food item. All this while one of them was standing with the rolled up prediction in their hands (see, I had asked for three volunteers, but four came up. What do I do? I couldn't bring myself to send her back... XD).

Of course, what happened was something you guys would 'never expect'.

My prediction was
*drumrolls*
CORRECT!!!

The teachers loved it, and my seniors reached out t0 me personally, via texts (because I couldn't meet them in person then) and told me how amazing I was. I am really happy with the way it went off.

I want to thank Theory 11 and this forum. I have been in magic since I was 8 and I'm going to turn 16 later this year. I can't tell you how difficult it is to be completely alone in an area practising magic. There are a few others but...I consider myself mature enough not to admire those 'magicians' who have a "FOOLED YA SUCKERS!!" aura around them (which, in their case, is not even charming). So when I discovered Theory 11, and created an account...well...

I am still alone in this area XD XD XD

But atleast I have *some* guidance and *some* help other than books, scavenged free pdf's and YT videos (yes, kill me. Let's move on).

I am glad and thankful, Theory 11.

I owe all my so-called 'popularity' to magic, and I owe my increased respect for magic to Theory 11.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results