Fast Company?

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
The add is pretty accurate that I saw on penguin. I think mjm or magicproshop has the best deal on it.

Here's the review:
1)You're expected to know your stuff, how to hold the cards, basics, controls etc...
2)He's a to the point teacher. Get your rewind button ready. Teaching is done quickly, but very well done. It's not 50 minutes on one effect. More like 1-2 minutes at the most per sleight., which is all you really need.
3)Practice a billion times.
4)It's a good dvd, one of the best i've seen on gambling sleights. It will take you from wuss to intermediate.
5)The effects are pretty -basic- but that's okay. His cutting the aces routine is @#%#@% hard. It's good stuff though.

If you're interested in gambling then you should buy it, the sleights are good. I use his push through shuffle constantly and it's some of the best work i've seen on the subject... not much more needs to be said.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
The add is pretty accurate that I saw on penguin. I think mjm or magicproshop has the best deal on it.

Here's the review:
1)You're expected to know your stuff, how to hold the cards, basics, controls etc...
2)He's a to the point teacher. Get your rewind button ready. Teaching is done quickly, but very well done. It's not 50 minutes on one effect. More like 1-2 minutes at the most per sleight., which is all you really need.
3)Practice a billion times.
4)It's a good dvd, one of the best i've seen on gambling sleights. It will take you from wuss to intermediate.
5)The effects are pretty -basic- but that's okay. His cutting the aces routine is @#%#@% hard. It's good stuff though.

If you're interested in gambling then you should buy it, the sleights are good. I use his push through shuffle constantly and it's some of the best work i've seen on the subject... not much more needs to be said.

Could you compare this to other gambling dvd's? Like ones by Simon Lovell, Bejamin Earl, or Darwin Ortiz?

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Read the reviews of each of those dvds on the magic cafe and make an informed choice.
Simon's has more sleights and pretty good teaching. I recommend it as well.
Fast Company however is more "to the point" and works through the sleights needed.

Weapons of a card shark teaches you some riffle stacking, but teaches crappy bottom deals and shuffles.

Past midnight isn't specifically "sleight" orientated, but uses gambling themes in tricks.

I can't comment on Ortiz's stuff.

Honestly, I'd get Simon's dvd -first- just because it's more beginner friendly. Fast Company assumes that you have some knowledge and works through the sleights quickly. However, if you think you're up to speed and a quick learner get fast company.

I learned the second deal from tarbell.
I learned riffle stacking from Weapons.
I learned push through from fast company.

I can't deal bottoms nor am I at this moment trying to learn.

I'll tell you this much, his ace cutting routine fooled me bad.
It's good stuff.

Sep 30, 2008
Allan Ackerman's advanced card control series is very good. Allan's an expert in this field and teaches it well to both a beginner and experienced magician. False deals and shuffle work, and palming and maybe the faro one would all be good for gambling

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well i've been doing magic for about 9 months now i know the basics pretty well.

Right now i'm debating over this and Simon's dvd. Cuz I read some reviews of it and one said that a lot of the sleights and shuffles are pretty pointless. But then again, his is much cheaper. But i'm guessing that Fast Company teaches the right stuff without any excess material. Which one do you recommend me getting?

Sep 1, 2007
Read the reviews of each of those dvds on the magic cafe and make an informed choice.
Simon's has more sleights and pretty good teaching. I recommend it as well.
Fast Company however is more "to the point" and works through the sleights needed.

Weapons of a card shark teaches you some riffle stacking, but teaches crappy bottom deals and shuffles.

Past midnight isn't specifically "sleight" orientated, but uses gambling themes in tricks.

I can't comment on Ortiz's stuff.

Honestly, I'd get Simon's dvd -first- just because it's more beginner friendly. Fast Company assumes that you have some knowledge and works through the sleights quickly. However, if you think you're up to speed and a quick learner get fast company.

I learned the second deal from tarbell.
I learned riffle stacking from Weapons.
I learned push through from fast company.

I can't deal bottoms nor am I at this moment trying to learn.

I'll tell you this much, his ace cutting routine fooled me bad.
It's good stuff.

What's "Weapons?"

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Yeah, Daryl's card sleight dvds are also another idea. I haven't seen them, but I've met daryl and have seen his other stuff and he is a very solid teacher.

If you're really only 9 months in, I wouldn't recommend it, unless you just like to practice boring sleight after sleight for 6 months till it looks decent. There's not a lot you can do with the 2nd deal other than look cool and brag. Sure it makes for a nice gambling demo, however, using a 20 card stack (4 poker hands) and dealing yourself a "winning" hand while the others have *good* hands is just as impressive if not more.

Party Animal by Matthew Dowden is a great dvd with killer, real world card magic.
His card to any number is one of my favorite routines -ever-.
I use it all the time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results