Favorite way to peek a billet?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I really want to start doing stuff with billet peeks but I'm not really sure what to use.

I can do the standard center tear but I never really liked how it's supposed to be used. It just felt weird tearing up the billet myself when I could easily have them do it.

Some of the peek wallets out there look cool but a lot of them are super expensive and I could never find a justifiable reason to have them stick it in my wallet to keep it out of sight when they could easily stick it in their pocket or something.

Anyway, what's your favorite billet peeking method and how do you justify it? If it's a wallet, which one do you use?

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Justin.Morris

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
A download I got from Penguin, I think it was Jamie Dawes. I'll have to check on that.
I feel the same as you, there is no justification for you tearing up the billet as opposed to them doing it. However he comes up with an off beat way to casually tear it and center peek while telling more of the story of the effect he's doing i.e. discovering the name of the spectators dead celebrity.
He said that talking to them and keeping them engaged in the conversation, he's found sometimes they even forget that they wrote it out.
Still seems really bold to me lol
I'm sure there are billions of work done on the peek.
This is just my... or His two cents....lol
Cheers dude!

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Perfected Full Billet Peek by Jose Prager
Acidus Novus - Milliard Longman
I've heard good things about Acidus Novus. I'll have to check out that first one though!

A download I got from Penguin, I think it was Jamie Dawes. I'll have to check on that.
I feel the same as you, there is no justification for you tearing up the billet as opposed to them doing it. However he comes up with an off beat way to casually tear it and center peek while telling more of the story of the effect he's doing i.e. discovering the name of the spectators dead celebrity.
He said that talking to them and keeping them engaged in the conversation, he's found sometimes they even forget that they wrote it out.
Still seems really bold to me lol
I'm sure there are billions of work done on the peek.
This is just my... or His two cents....lol
Cheers dude!

I'll have to look into that. I'm not totally against the idea of using a center tear, I just had trouble justifying it. Same with a peek wallet.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I don't do many routines or have much experience with billet work, however I can empathize with your feelings about the tear. I remember Oz talking about how no one ever questions it, but I don't know if that's true, but rather no one ever calls it out. Corinda's 13 steps book has a hefty section on the topic of billets that may be helpful.

For me, I learned a peek from the trick Stigmata using a folded business card that has been awesome. I designed my business cards to justify the position of the writing. The actual justification for the peek moment is holding it while they initial it so that it can't be switched. Works so well that I've never needed a different method.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results