I'm designing a deck call divinity
This is gonna be simple no fancy and complicated back design
I've attached first 4 images below because of t11 restrictions

PLease give feedback

Note: Copyright of all this artwork belongs to me

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
mmmm
honestlyit looks like a femenine copy of the guadians deck, and on the queen, as ninja said its a random girl which appears to be you sister or GF or something, making a deck personal out of personal ideas and thoughts and feelings, wont make people buy it, and if ur just making it for ur self, well then u have enough decks for life (1o,ooo although i think the uspcc lowered the minimum customs to 100).... but if its just for fun,youra good drawer :D
keep it up

Sep 3, 2007
to be honest I really don't like them at all..

Constructive Feedback ftw.

I think you'd get better responses from a more... generic women.
She is almost to detailed and isn't depicted as GORGEOUS.
I think when ninja said it looks like your girlfriend, he meant it looked to much like a specific person, and makes the viewer almost... uncomfortable.

If you made the "queen" a little more generic and classically beautiful (facial symmetry, long hair, even features and applied the "golden rectangle") you'd get better responses.

I didn't really enjoy the colours you chose for angel, maybe choose some softer colours, even just gold and white, or possibly red and black (suits) that would be hot!

Good luck, excellent drawings

Dec 22, 2007
Australia,Sydney
MINOR changes
Queens will be female flourishers/magician
Jacks and Kings will be male flourishers/magician
ACe will remain the same

So far ...

KINGS

Spades- Jaspas
Hearts- Wesley
CLUBs-me
Diamonds- (VACANT) msg if u wanna be in

Queens
Diamonds-LIng
HEARTS-(VACANT) msg if u wanna be in
CLUBS-(VACANT) msg if u wanna be in
SPADES-(VACANT) msg if u wanna be in

Jacks
ALL
(VACANT) msg if u wanna be in

Oct 6, 2007
Hey,

I actually really like them. I'm pretty sure you dont intend on like wholesaleing these, and since they're for you-and only you, it's great!

The drawings are awesome, and as long as you like them, then it's a good deck for you.

only thing standing in your way are the PRICE to make the decks.

My friend also once gave me a present which was a home-made deck of cards, with all my likes!

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
the design, does nothing for me...

no offence intended but they look cheap and just wrong, not how playing cards should look at all...

sorry

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
if these cards are for you and only you, kudos and more power to you.

However :), if you ever wanted to have a deck mass produced, I suggest you work on your artwork a lot more. I know a thing or two about drawing portraits, I put myself through 4 years of college selling commission work, and I must say, you've potential.. just not yet. Keep up the work though!

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
well if its gonna be massively produced, and using "magic and cardistry community celebrities" why put yourself? i mean no offense, but if your puitting urself among all those good flourishers, and asking people in, whit out permision to take physical image of people (idk if u did) so if u want in i suggest making some vids, and showing ur skill making urself know,,,,... u cant just add other people like a newcomer,

"woah jaspas, ling , ..... who the F@#$# are this guys" XD

no offense intended

Oct 28, 2007
i would say don't make the faces based on ANYTHING just design them to be cool! same with the back just make a bad a** design take the skull kings in gaffs if that was in a real deck that would be sick.

and as for colors i like soft stuff like the wynn designs but truthfully i love nice forcful colors if you get my drift. even though i like forceful colors i don't like black tigers i don't know i guess it also depends on the design i like a deck with a lot of detail

Feb 28, 2008
The backs are okay, but aren't very appealing to me personally. Nothing about them makes you say wow like the Guardians or Ghosts...

And while I really really like the art you've got, I just personally find it a bit jarring to look at. You can't look at that guy and immediately think "Oh, that's a king" or that girl and recognize it's a queen. While it's great art, it's just a bit too different.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results