Finding other collectors...

Apr 27, 2011
Hello all at theory11 :)

I have just started over the last few months collecting many rare and awesome packs of cards manufactured by USPCC.

I have seen quite alot of youtube videos aswell where many people have huge collections of cards on display and I can see it's quite an exciting and enjoyable hobby to pursue.

Just wondering guys and girls how many of you still collect or have started to collect recently and is it something that is still in great swing (art of collecting playing cards)

Regards

KardKollector

Feb 4, 2008
There are a lot of Magicians around here who also collect cards. If you are serious about card collecting there are a few guys around here who know a bit but if you want to get in with the folks who really know their stuff check out 52plusjoker.org . They are very serious about all things USPCC and most know a thing or two about other card manufacturers as well. They have an annual membership of $25.00 US, or $35.00 foreign. It basically just pays for their postage and production costs on their quarterly news letter. They host auctions every few months where a lot of rare gems are sold.

Some good sites to check out
Dan&Dave's Curated shopping cards section- dananddave.com
Brooke Michaels Poker world- great place to get limited run cards that just got off the primary market- bmpokerworld.com
Theory 11 and Ellusionist periodically print cards exclusively for limited runs. Be heads up on these as their is a difference between their primary custom cards (cards printed exclusively for E or T11 but may go through several reprints) versus cards that were printed in low quantity single runs that are specifically aimed at collecting. If I were you I would subscribe to the newsletters of each of the sites and you will be emailed specifics when limited runs are up for sale.

I wouldn't call myself a true "collector" but I try to keep sharp on cards coming off the presses so I have a good knowledge of many of the cards that have been released in the last two years. Good luck! Have Fun!

Sep 11, 2010
Note that card collecting can become quite an expensive hobby. When you start buying rare decks, you will have to spend hundreds of dollars.

Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for all the great advice :D

I have seen some of the decks on this website and I must say I think they look fantastic!

I didn't realise that alot of the decks that had caught my eye in youtube videos were actually from this site, for example the David Blaine Split Spades with the lions on the cover and Deck One. These were ones I was looking around eBay hoping to find but didn't have any luck.

I am a little bit dissapointed that they are out of stock here on this website as I would of snapped them up instantly but I am a bit late with only starting collecting cards a month or two ago.

Do you think this website might put them back out or if there is any knocking around at all?

Regards

KardKollector

Apr 27, 2011
just a quick update

I have seen some of the decks on this website and I must say I think they look fantastic!

I didn't realise that alot of the decks that had caught my eye in youtube videos were actually from this site, for example the David Blaine Split Spades with the lions on the cover and Deck One. These were ones I was looking around eBay hoping to find but didn't have any luck.

I am a little bit dissapointed that they are out of stock here on this website as I would of snapped them up instantly but I am a bit late with only starting collecting cards a month or two ago.

Do you think this website might put them back out or if there is any knocking around at all?

Regards

KardKollector

Feb 4, 2008

Regards

KardKollector

Check your messages...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results