Finger and Wrist Strength

Aug 6, 2008
Hello, I have been looking for some things to help me with my finger and wrist strength. I have found 2 things on the Dan and Dave Website. They are the power gyro ball and the pro finger exerciser item. Do you guys know if these are good or do you guys have any suggestions?

Jun 2, 2010
My girlfriend's got one of those gyro ball things. It's called an MSD Power Ball. She hasn't used it in a long time and when I saw them on Dan and Dave's site I realised that it would be a great way to exercise my hands.

They're pretty crazy. You feed a small string into the inner ball part and pull it out really quickly to get it going (although once you're good with it you can get it going without doing this). Then you keep it spinning by rotating your hand. It's very difficult to describe how it feels... it's very strange at first. It pulls against your hand quite strongly and you keep it going by getting into a rhythm which causes it to pull harder.

It's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it and it definitely feels like you're giving your hands and arm muscles a good work out.

A solid piece of kit and I would recommend it.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
The Pro hand exercisers are pretty good. I remember buying my first one about 10 years ago. Mike Piazza use to do sets of a 100 in each hand about 2-3 times a day. There are better ones called hand crushers and I think Jason England uses them

Dumbell and Barbell wrist curls will strengthen you wrist and forarms. You could do them from a seated or standing position. You dont need a lot of weight, a nice weight high reps will do. Dumbell and Barbell reverse curls will work the upper part of you forearms.

Wrist Rolls is a very good excerise. You attach a weight to a piece of string with a wooden handle and just roll the weight up.

Swinging a weighted baseball bat will also do the trick.

Lastly for the fingers you could stand near a wall, place you fingers on it and start to do a standing push up off the wall. Lots of martial artist preforms this

Or you could take some corks stick them in-between you fingers and try closing you hand. Both finger excersies were use by Allan Kennedy for his center deal.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results