Finger Flexibility

Hey guys. I'm just starting to get into flourishing, and I have to say I am just absolutely TERRIBLE at it.

First off, I have overly sweaty hands.

Second of all, it seems that my fingers can't "stretch out" far enough.

Are there any exercises that I can use to enhance finger flexibility?

Who else here has overly sweaty hands?

Dec 8, 2007
Trilogy

Hey!

If you have the Trilogy you can always check the last DVD (everythingselse). And there should be some videos that will stretch your fingers really much. And it feels good too! :D

You might think (if you don't have the Trilogy) "Why the heck should I get a DVD only for my fingers!" Check some trailers and I'm sure you want it! ;)

Best regards,
Morten

Oct 20, 2007
Vague Theory,

As far as hand and finger flexibility, strength and coordination are concerned, check out Greg Irwin's "Finger Fitness" DVD. You will not be disappoined because this is targeted to help increase your performance in whatever activity you use your hands for i.e.: magic, typing, playing instruments etc.

I THINK excessive sweaty palms may have something to do with water retention? This is just a hunch though. I believe cardiovascular exercise may help you shed out the extra water from your body, including your hands, which will make your hands LESS sweaty than they were before you started exercising. PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR THOUGH. Good luck.

JFH

Sep 1, 2007
By the sounds of it, you NEED XB. You say you suck? Well that's because you're a beginner and everybody sucks as a beginner. XB will not only help you out by teaching tons of beginner flourishes, but it also has finger exercises that will help you a lot.

PS: XB can be found at both Ellusionist.com and Superhandz.com

Zeus

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Flourishing is a [FEMALE DOG] to learn and get use to.

Trust me, you will need a lot of patience(at least 6 months to get decent)...

Also for the fingers not stretching far enough, YOU WILL GET IT when you practice. Remember to practice it very slowly so your muscles get use to what you're doing. It is knacky most of the time, but with practice comes improvement.

Good luck!

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.

I have seen XB, and I have the Trilogy. I do a lot of the finger exercises daily, but I guess I'm just being kind of hasty.

JFH, I don't really think it's my water retention. For example, sometimes, I stay locked up in my room for HOURS practicing and I forget to eat or drink. My hands still get really sweaty.

I personally think it's a hormone or gland thing, something I can't control. I really don't want to do surgery though, hahaha.

Nov 6, 2007
Vague Theory, I have some good advice for you. If your hands get sweaty, wash deep cleansing soap, (the ones with the beads) that will dry your hands right out. Also if you need any advice on flourishing I would suggest you go to this forum here.

www.cardiste.com

They don't have many members right now. But if you joined you could help improve. The members they do have are quite good. They have Jeramy Kurtz running it. In case you don't know who Jeramy Kurtz is, he's a very popular card magician. He's considered by many as one of the top 10 in the world at what he does. He also has supreme computer skills as he written two books on it. You can find these on amazon by typing in his name. Therefore his website while it is still in the works, is quite good and will end up being incredible.

-Double Decker

Sep 1, 2007
lol his name is Jamie Kurtz. dude just do the finger stretches from XB, but do them under a very warm running water faucet and hold each one for a full 15 seconds. it will totally get your hands in the condition to flourish and you will amaze yourself at how much more limber you are.

as for having sweaty hands well you just need to run very cold water on your wrists for a short time before flourishing. failing that, get some nitrite gloves - (these are VERY CHEAP!) substitutes for your standard latex disposable gloves. you could probably swipe a couple from your workplace or school nurse depending on how old you are. then simply cut out the fingertips so you can still get a feel for breaking off packets. your entire hand will be "dry" to the cards.

lol his name is Jamie Kurtz. dude just do the finger stretches from XB, but do them under a very warm running water faucet and hold each one for a full 15 seconds. it will totally get your hands in the condition to flourish and you will amaze yourself at how much more limber you are.

as for having sweaty hands well you just need to run very cold water on your wrists for a short time before flourishing. failing that, get some nitrite gloves - (these are VERY CHEAP!) substitutes for your standard latex disposable gloves. you could probably swipe a couple from your workplace or school nurse depending on how old you are. then simply cut out the fingertips so you can still get a feel for breaking off packets. your entire hand will be "dry" to the cards.

Well, I've tried cold water. It works temporarily...that means multiple trips.

I've also tried disposable latex gloves, and they kind of ruin my cards. I don't know how to explain it, it kind of gives off some of itself on my cards, so my cards get a little clumpy after using them.

Sep 1, 2007
that's why you need to jack some "nitrile" gloves. they're blue, they come in the same style boxes, but they are a direct substitut for their latex counterparts. also they are powder-free unlike the latex, which is probably what's clumping your cards.

nitrile gloves are relatively new on the scene I think at least I havnt seen them until recently but thy do offer many advantages.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results