Fire Manipulation

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I've always had a soft spot for effects that call for the use of fire, but I ran across a picture that has been commonly depicted with Criss Angel and other magicians.

I was wondering about this for a while now. Is there any such effect that would allow for something that looks along the lines of this?

The_Illusionist_by_anderton.jpg

I know this is just a picture that was created by someone, but does anyone know how hard it would be to achieve something like that?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
The fire from a bare hand would probably cost around $50. 'Fireball' by a man with the last name of Smith is the closest thing to that image. It's not like an open flame though, it's just a flash paper apparatus. It will how ever shoot out of the users hand like a comet, a friend of mine has one and it's very cool.

The apple is probably just hanging there form a fine line or was even cropped in. The effect would be to hard to do; you would probably need a LOT of invisible thread though. Or I guess you could toss the apple in the air...

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
The fire from a bare hand would probably cost around $50. 'Fireball' by a man with the last name of Smith is the closest thing to that image. It's not like an open flame though, it's just a flash paper apparatus. It will how ever shoot out of the users hand like a comet, a friend of mine has one and it's very cool.

The apple is probably just hanging there form a fine line or was even cropped in. The effect would be to hard to do; you would probably need a LOT of invisible thread though. Or I guess you could toss the apple in the air...

Ah, yeah.

I wasn't too concerned about the apple part. Mainly just the fire, I should have been more clear. Thank you though for the help. I'll try to look for that effect!

Shane K.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
There are a couple of things that could do this. One is called "Fickle Fire" it's a hand held device that creates flame in your hand. You get two and can pass them from hand to hand. If you ever see a magician holding fire it is using those gimmicks.

Inviso-torch by Jim Pace (Ripped off and called the Inferno and sold for more money)

If you an find one, the Hand Dragon, by Chappy Brazil (RIP).

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
There are a couple of things that could do this. One is called "Fickle Fire" it's a hand held device that creates flame in your hand. You get two and can pass them from hand to hand. If you ever see a magician holding fire it is using those gimmicks.

Inviso-torch by Jim Pace (Ripped off and called the Inferno and sold for more money)

If you an find one, the Hand Dragon, by Chappy Brazil (RIP).

Yeah, I saw Fickle Fire around on the net and I thought that it looked pretty good from the cover. I just wish that I could see a video of it in action. I mean, it would be awesome to manipulate a 6 inch flame from my hand like in the picture, but knowing me...I'd end up buying something that just makes a flare up of 2 inches.

Thanks for all of the recommendations!

Shane K.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Seeing as how the above photo was enhanced obviously, the flame coming from his hand is being emitted using a propane or butane source (You can tell by the color of the flames and it's behavior) Fickle Fires use lighter fluid or white gas which gives you a brighter orange flame.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
In Scott Xavier's new notes '365' he details an effect where you can plunge your hand into a flame and feel no pain... then you cause your whole hand to set on fire

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results