First Edition Smoke and Mirrors

Aug 18, 2008
Mine just arrived today. Two of each. So now that the special release window is over and the decks are arriving, what are your plans with them? Sell? Trade? Keep Forever?

Nov 1, 2008
I'm going to use mine, like for card tricks...
How much do you think these things are really going to be worth? Hang on to an unopened pack sure - but why bother stashing away some very fine cards. Use em!

I mean maybe in 10 years someone will want to buy your 2 packs for 20-30 bucks each... but I'm sure in that time any number of new exciting decks will have come out that people will have all stashed away too... ugh. Use your cards boys... I bought a brick of em and I plan to use it up just because they look, feel and handle so damned nicely.
t

Aug 18, 2008
I'm going to use mine, like for card tricks...
How much do you think these things are really going to be worth? Hang on to an unopened pack sure - but why bother stashing away some very fine cards. Use em!

I mean maybe in 10 years someone will want to buy your 2 packs for 20-30 bucks each... but I'm sure in that time any number of new exciting decks will have come out that people will have all stashed away too... ugh. Use your cards boys... I bought a brick of em and I plan to use it up just because they look, feel and handle so damned nicely.
t

I would love to use them, but the main reason i bought them was to sell, I am a little short on cash, every bit helps.

Jan 13, 2008
While I'm saving my 1st editions (6 of each, yay), I agree that you likely won't get much for them. Collectibles appreciate in value over time, and usually a lot of time has to go by for something like these cards to gain any significant value.

Good luck selling them, though! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results