First Video - New Effect

Aug 21, 2009
Hey guys check out my new video this is a new effect I created called Clockwork Tranposition

Its not that bad. But I was just at a bad angle.

But anyway here is the link: http://vimeo.com/6992939 hope you like and you can just tell me what you think

Comments and Criticism accepted :)

Jul 13, 2008
I agree. WAY to many moves. Plus, it seemed like you haven't even perfected any of the moves that you put into your own trick. Keep practicing bro, and try to make your creations a lot simpler.

Aug 21, 2009
I completely understand again it looks better at an above angle instead of from the front. Plus it was something I put together.

I will work on making it simpler Thanks guys for the criticism.:rolleyes:

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I agree with the above posts but would like to add a bit.

Cut the music add patter. If you do that maybe you can justify massaging the deck every 5 seconds, and i say maybe.

Lastly, and this is directed to only you but why does it make it ok to post a video that you flash in, or are at a bad angle? Is the point of a camera that it is a fixed perspective that you can control??

Don't post the video think oh this is ok i'll put a disclaimer- fix it then post it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Seriously...this effect needs some more work done to it, before you try and release it...

Inferno Kaiser

Aug 21, 2009
I agree with the above posts but would like to add a bit.

Cut the music add patter. If you do that maybe you can justify massaging the deck every 5 seconds, and i say maybe.

Lastly, and this is directed to only you but why does it make it ok to post a video that you flash in, or are at a bad angle? Is the point of a camera that it is a fixed perspective that you can control??

Don't post the video think oh this is ok I'll put a disclaimer- fix it then post it.
Thanks I understand where you are coming from and will fix it and take out music
But really the reason i only had music is my stupid camera is broke and it wont record voices

But that's not an excuse so any way thanks and this is really just the original hanling Ive already came up with another method just haven't posted it yet

Agree with everything stated above. Also, the routine is way to long and it seems like there are just phases for the sake of phases. You could easily just have the first and last phase and that would be just fine.

Slow everything down, especially the reveals of the cards. You don't just flip through them really quickly, you slowly reveal them making the audience react.

Aug 21, 2009
Great If anything i will keep the first phase because it makes more since and the last phase is just almost impossible to misdirect a way from and it is angle sensitive

That was terrible.
It was all crazy movements and everything. Streamline all the moves if you can. Keep it simple. Get it smooth.

Just another thing, I would think that MW UNDERGROUND STUDIOS, would have a camera that recorded voices, you know with all the studios that you own.

J.

Aug 21, 2009
Hahaha. just actually got up the site and I had no idea about the studios ill talk to the webmaster and we'll fix that. Oh and by the way thanks for the advice

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
its ok it feels like iv seen it before...eh idk not to big of a fan of people who do vids on there knees...but i like the vintage fans...teeheee

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Not be rude, but the material you're selling on your site isn't that great, nor are the effects performed well...

Inferno Kaiser

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It's embarrassing how young kids can't spell nowadays. Do you seriously expect to sell anything?

I suggest you take that site down, polish up your effects, and start by giving out free ebooks. If the masses like them, you can think about selling them.

Gus

Feb 28, 2008
I found the routine hard to follow... there's just something about videos without patter that just makes the plots a lot more confusing and jumbled.

I agree with most everyone here... there are far too many unnecessary moves and the camera work needs to be changed. I don't think I would ever perform an effect for a spectator at that angle even if I was performing for a kid half my size.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results