Five Minute Speech... Help Me!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Ok, so i get what u guys mean.

I would do the speech like what Nino says.

First i'll talk about Presentation, and after some elaboration, i'll perform ThunderBird to show the way of presenting 4 Aces in your style.

Next, i'll talk about Sleight Of hand, the most important thing in magic, and i'll just simply do a riffle force to sthrengthen my main idea.

And i'll talk about Imagination, and do Pressure.

Last, i'll just talk a little about myself and how does magic effect me and people around me in my life.

How u guys tthink?

This would take too long. I would suggest once you choose your topic, to pick one effect to compliment what you are speaking on, but make sure it really fits and compliments.

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
Personally, there is a time for performing, and a time for school work.

IF the oppertunity comes up where the two shall meet then wonderful.

However, I get the impression that you are trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

Talking about your love for magic could make a great five minute speach. Why did you get into magic? Why you love magic? The things magic can do to open doors for you... etc. And end it with ONE simple, quick trick. Card to cealing, or ACR. Something quick. Take a bow and be done with it.

I get the impression you're still trying to fight to work into a five minute show. Your teacher didn't ask for that.

Again, time and place. Just knuckle down, do your speach, and amaze your friends at a later time.

Appreciate your help William, i'll do what you said, as that should sound more reasonable as a speech. Thanks :D

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I hate to be the negative guy here, but are we getting graded, as well? Or are YOU getting graded for YOUR work? Just something to think about...

Oct 22, 2009
formal speech

If it's a formal speech, take into consideration that others doing it may not be performing. For sure, you want to do something, but I would start off with a good trick - and then keep the rest of the time magic related.

You could chew up 5 minutes easy if you just talked about the progression of magic. You could start with how it was something that was shared between a couple of individuals, and the progression of how media is putting magic in front of millions of people daily.

Personally, I always hated giving speeches. :( I did one on the history of the evolution of Gambling, and it just seems that history / evolution topics are easier to follow, because they have a timeline to them. So, try the same thing with magic, that's my advice.

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
If it's a formal speech, take into consideration that others doing it may not be performing. For sure, you want to do something, but I would start off with a good trick - and then keep the rest of the time magic related.

You could chew up 5 minutes easy if you just talked about the progression of magic. You could start with how it was something that was shared between a couple of individuals, and the progression of how media is putting magic in front of millions of people daily.

Personally, I always hated giving speeches. :( I did one on the history of the evolution of Gambling, and it just seems that history / evolution topics are easier to follow, because they have a timeline to them. So, try the same thing with magic, that's my advice.

Thanks alot:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results