Flourishing with a full deck?

Jun 8, 2008
Hey guys I was wondering if you practice with a full deck ? or do you take 5 or so cards out.

I watched the Extreme beginner dvd and they recommend taking a few cards out of the deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
I wanna be able to do flourishes with any deck, anytime, anywhere...

So I never take cards out. I like to handle cards just as they are. I also don't use fanning powder, same reason. I wanna use the cards as they come from the factory.
I do take the add cards and the jokers out though. Unless the cards the hugely thin, then I keep the jokers.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I wanna be able to do flourishes with any deck, anytime, anywhere...

So I never take cards out. I like to handle cards just as they are. I also don't use fanning powder, same reason. I wanna use the cards as they come from the factory.
I do take the add cards and the jokers out though. Unless the cards the hugely thin, then I keep the jokers.

I take ad cards out, but not the Jokers. I've never used fanning powder, but I don't I will ever use it.

-SM

There's no deck like a FULL deck... please guys when you're going out, you can't leave your pants at home either.... do you?
If you can't flourish with a full deck, you got to keep practising....!!!

Hey guys I was wondering if you practice with a full deck ? or do you take 5 or so cards out.

I watched the Extreme beginner dvd and they recommend taking a few cards out of the deck.

He said while performing you can sneak a few cards out if you like. In the mean time you should practice with a full deck, and you should be ready to perform with a full deck.

Cheers!

Sep 1, 2007
The main thing to remember is:

If you practice with a full deck, it will be even easier when you subtract cards.

If you practice with less, it will be harder when you add cards.

The former sounds more practical to me.

Sep 1, 2007
more cards makes it easier to keep fans together and they look better.

if youre having trouble with the size, remember an E deck with 5 cards removed is about the same as a deck of old STUDS or an Absolut , etc, so theres other variables.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yeah it all really depends on you. I personally remove the jokers but keep them for effects or for show if they look particularly cool e.g. ghosts or shadow masters and place them places for reveals.

But yes, it can be easier with less but some people may find it harder. It really is up to you. There is no "should".

-Jon

Like swinging a bunch of bats for baseball practice, practice is practice. Whatever makes you learn the motions and help create competence for your manipulation. For performances removing about 3-4 cards helps slim down and makes the deck feel lighter and easier to handle for you. Creates some confidence and less likely to make a mistake during your routine.

Whatever floats your boat, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I leave the jokers and throw the ad cards out. Full deck is the way to go, as someone else stated if you can't flourish with a full deck you just need to practice more.

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
Very interesting thread. :)
Guys I use full decks with jokers and even advertising cards :) Joke. Only with jokers 54 cards. It's harder to flourishing with full deck but I like it. ANd I like jokers beacause there is much great effects with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results