for magicians only

Jun 3, 2015
look ive been a magician for 30 years ok, but here stuff like oh dont buy from china your cheating from the creator, well thats BS ok your not cheating your simply buying from the cheapest seller ok more over how do someone no its created by some one else, come on theres no way really other than doing research

Well there's stuff that's blatantly ripped off from hard working creators. Guys like Nicholas Laurence make their living from putting out tricks. The best way to let creators know you want them to put out more stuff is to support them. I own everything Gregory Wilson has ever put out. He's a nice enough guy that when he came to lecture he gave me all of his lecture only products for free as a thank you. Typically the main sites over on this end of the pond are pretty careful not to step on other creators toes. If you want to buy from China no one is stopping you but you're essentially telling the creators you could care less if they put out more great magic or not. So I believe.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
look ive been a magician for 30 years ok, but here stuff like oh dont buy from china your cheating from the creator, well thats BS ok your not cheating your simply buying from the cheapest seller ok more over how do someone no its created by some one else, come on theres no way really other than doing research

If that justification works for you, go with it. If after 30 years you don't have a respect for other magicians, there is nothing we can say or do to change your mind. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it. The difference between can and should is the definition of ethics.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK

You've kind of answered your own question. A lot of people have said to stay away from chinese knock offs, not items being bought from china - there's a difference.
China still have respected Magic retailers and Magicians. However, a fair few chinese distributors, do make copied versions - and that's down to people purchasing thinking it's genuine and then when it's received, its a cheap knockoff - there's your research done for you.
But it's not only China. If anyone has Mickael Chatelain on Facebook, he posted a status a few days ago stated that a seller in France was copying his work and then scamming people online. Mickael actually bought his "own product" from the guy only to receive an empty package.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I have found a lot of my stuff available for like $1 from chinese vendors... guess how much of the royalties i receive from those products..... lol If you really want to buy or torrent ripped off magic then that is on you... just look me in the face and tell me "Your magic is too expensive for me to purchase to support your family so i will just simply steal it from you via a 3rd party." It would be a lot more honest than saying "your not cheating your simply buying from the cheapest seller"

Would be like if i wanted a bentley. I cannot afford one so i have someone steal one for me and pay half the price... would that be moral? I mean sure you got it for a great deal, but you willingly bought something that someone stole from someone else...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results